Teaching with the One
Posted: 04 April 2006 01:03 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  51
Joined  2006-01-10

Has anyone been teaching beginners with a One? What has your experience been?How does it compare to using a “C”?
Cheers,
Derek

Signature 

If it doesn’t blow it sucks!

Posted: 04 April 2006 06:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  43
Joined  2006-01-17

I taught with the One 12m this past weekend (on the snow) and everyone really enjoyed it.  Although riding on the snow is considerably different than the conditions your are looking at, I’m sure most of the considerations are the same.

The kite is bomber, the steering is predictable and smooth, the depower instills confidence, the bar is simple and everyone loves the look of the kite (seriously, I’ve had multiple comments). 
The only negative I can offer is the punch up mechanism is too far away for smaller people, you will have to shorten the throw for them (easy to do).  Oh ya, and the relaunch is soooo much easier to teach than the old four line kites (5th lines were nice too).

Hope this helps,
Jeff

Signature 

Jeff Doepker
www.kitesource.ca

Posted: 04 April 2006 08:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  51
Joined  2006-01-10

Thanks Jeff. I’ll be in Alberta this summer. Any recomendations for places to ride? Keho looks amazing!! 
Cheers,
Derek

Signature 

If it doesn’t blow it sucks!

Posted: 05 April 2006 03:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  43
Joined  2006-01-17

Drop me a line (403 560-4297) before you get here and maybe we can arrange to hook and and go for a ride.  We have a few good lakes around and are exploring more every year.

Jeff

Signature 

Jeff Doepker
www.kitesource.ca