My dealer in just informed me that the 16m One I order a month ago wont be until mid April. Something about there being problems in China. Im trying to plan a trip and would like to bring the new kite with me.
If someone at OR could give a delivery time more specific then mid April that would be helpful. No worries just need to know if Ill be using the new kite or the old one.
There has been a lot of confusion surrounding this latest delivery of kites. I am about to email all the dealers to clarify this but also wanted to address it here on our forum so that it is open and frank.
The kites have been delayed in their delivery from China and we have been working hard in the background to make accommodations for delivery.
Originally we did not like some early issues we identified with the bar design. This has been addressed and the few lucky people who received kites from the first shipment of One kites that went out in January have, for the most part, received re-fit kits to easily upgrade their bars to our new design. Because of the re-design of the bar system we did not see any point in shipping kites until the bars were finalized and so we bumped the scheduled February delivery of kites to March and had it combined with our March shipment.
Our March shipment was to have left China March 20th. We found out on the 17th that it would be delayed one week and would leave the 27th. We then found out on the 20th that this was inaccurate and that the shipment would leave the 4th of April (tomorrow at the time of this posting). Shipping takes roughly 1 week to arrive and clear so we should have the kites here the 10th or 11th of April and will begin shipping immediately thereafter.
These delays are the result of the huge pressure that exists right now for these style of flat kites. There is, unfortunately, very little in the immediate term that we can do to solve these issues. There are longer term solutions however.
We have ordered a rush shipment of extra kites for delivery here at the end of April, to be combined with the already scheduled April delivery of gear. Further, we have added extra kites to our May order as well.
Jeff from Kitesource was correct in his earlier post, we are in a “sold out” position right now with all the kites arriving here within the week spoken for. However, the April shipment will make up the difference of gear that is on back order (orders placed after March 1st for the most part) and will allow us some breathing room for timely deliveries of small or immediate orders placed by dealerships who don’t have particular kite sizes in stock.
To say that we are frustrated by these delays would understate things considerably. We have been as keen as you to see our kites out and on the water with our users who have shown such an incredible response to this new kite. In fact, none of our staff currently have use of a One kite beyond the original blue and white prototype that many will remember from September’s launch of the One. We have shipped every last one of our One kites to dealers intent on running demo days or lucky consumers first in line to receive one of these incredible new kites. We are not taking any of the kites that are to arrive here this week either as we are keen to make use of every last one that is arriving to try to meet this incredible demand.
I encourage each and every one of you to remain patient. If you already have a kite on order it is likely included in this shipment that is coming this week and you will see it shortly. If you just ordered a kite it will be in our hands by the end of April and in yours just as soon as possible thereafter. If you are considering a new purchase of a One kite and are wondering what a reasonable estimate of time you will have to wait is, I will say to you that if you order it today you will have the kite by the end of the first week of May barring any unforeseen circumstances. As I said earlier we have adjusted our April and May stocking orders for kites considerably to meet this demand and have assurances that similar delays will not plague the April or May shipments.
Diablo kites are in stock in all sizes. Session harnesses are in stock in all sizes. Boards, in stock. Pyros, in stock all styles and sizes. Broncos and Stingers 30-40% off, most sizes in stock.
Please do not hesitate to contact your local shop or rep directly to get an update from them on this issue. I appreciate your keen interest in our kites and assure you that we are working hard to get these kites to you.
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc.