two questions

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2006-01-18

PM

Hi!

First one: can you use 50cm bar on 16m One kite?

Is somebody tryed 27m lines on 12n One kite?Is the kite than too slow?

Thanx

Sam

Total Posts: 61

Joined 2006-01-18

PM

hey who is signing posts with my kiteforum name??

Signature

Ocean Rodeo Rep Ireland

Total Posts: 1247

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

Re: two questions

[quote author=“sam”]Hi!

First one: can you use 50cm bar on 16m One kite?

Is somebody tryed 27m lines on 12n One kite?Is the kite than too slow?

Thanx

Sam

Yes, you can fly the 16m One with a 50cm bar but you will find the 60cm bar will be of greater effect in getting such a large kite to turn.

The One kites all ship with 21m lines with 3m extensions. This is because the combined length of the extra long bar leader lines and the kite’s bridles are about 3m.

Shorter lines will cause the kite to turn faster but have less power, longer will be the opposite.

John

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Total Posts: 43

Joined 2006-01-17

PM

I’ve been riding the 12m One on 27m lines.  It’s a beautiful thing! 
Not complaints here on turning speed, and nice and smooth.

Jeff

Signature

Jeff Doepker
www.kitesource.ca

Total Posts: 86

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

I found the 12 to be a really slow turning kite. any noticeable speed gained by shortening the lines? how much power loss?

Total Posts: 434

Joined 2006-01-11

PM

[quote author=“hiway12”]I found the 12 to be a really slow turning kite. any noticeable speed gained by shortening the lines? how much power loss?

Make sure you sheet out the bar after you intiate the turn - you need to allow the kite to open up and build speed through the turn. In general, to get maximum performance out of the Ones, you really need to be very active with sheeting in and out - once you figure this out, you will find the kite performs very well. If you sheet in the bar and keep it held in while the kite turns, it won’t turn nearly as fast.

Are you using a 50 or 60cm bar?

Taking off the extensions will make the kite extremely fast, but you need to be well powered for this to work. If the wind is light and you have to work the kite, you will not be happy with the short lines.

Signature

Ocean Rodeo, US Sales

Hyperflex Wetsuits, US Sales

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

50cm bar because no one indicated there was a choice. just asked for kite complete. really unhappy about this kite.

Joined 2006-03-03

PM

Hmmm, interesting.

I have played a bit of “swap the bow” on 12m kites (11 sonic) lately with some mates lately, I was out for 4 hrs yesterday is strong up and down winds. I have tried the Best waroo, GK sonic and crossbow. I can’t get my head around that you think it’s slow turning kite. I don’t want to rubbish any kites but they all had a few minor differences and the 12m one is a very very smooth, fast kite. Everyone who has tried mine except one (one mate unless everything he ownes is slingy he’s not a happy bloke)  has pretty much come away saying “F me! That’s a nice kite”

This is a persoanl preference but the OR kite is the only one with an effective stopper of the kites I have used so far.

I have to ask, is this another one of those marketing gimmicks where you go onto a companies website and rubbish their products?

cheers

Lester
Sponsors; My long suffering wife

Total Posts: 94

Joined 2006-01-20

PM

My 16m will be with me soon.

I will video it in action.

If it is anywhere near as good as the 12 I will be a very happy bunny…. did you unhappy people set your lines up as instructed?
Have you tried different knots on the attachment points?

.... of course you are going to have to do a little relearning….. every C kite is different, every Bow…more so!!

Finally…. how fast would an 18-20m C kite turn? I am hoping for a low wind monster and NOT expecting 9m turning agility!! :D

Signature

16m one, session harness and a pyro pro equipped….. 9 on the way soon!
LOVELY!

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

I am a builder from Washington DC and a 2 year intermediate kiter. flown a few other brands bows and am not hawking one over the other. I just spent over $2000 on OR kites on the strength of my Pyro Classic and my Session harness. Compared to the 3 other brands (no names, so I can’t be accused of pitching any one brand) this is the slowest turning and slowest re-launching bow I’ve ridden. If I’m busting thru some deep chop, I don’t want to think ‘gee did I sheet out properly on that turn?’ yes OR builds some GREAT products, am I happy with this kite? NO

Joined 2006-01-20

PM

Sorry if I sounded rude, didn’t mean to.

Have you ridden any Big Bows? How does it compare to them?

I would have thought the 16 shipped with a 60cm bar though?!?!

I know the Venoms dont like a small bar in larger sizes….. i wonder if that IS the problem?

Signature

LOVELY!

Joined 2006-01-20

PM

I will happily do vid of my 12m set up, launch, land, relanch,knots etc if anyone thinks it will help?
I dont have a 16 to do this with at the moment .

Signature

LOVELY!

Total Posts: 51

Joined 2006-05-24

PM

No it is not a design fault and it is not slow turning.I’m not sure what your doing, but something is wrong with your setup or flying, if you think the 12m One is slow turning.If you want a tractor style kite I suggest getting an old C kite built before 2002.There you will find a super boring kite to fly, but will pull you like your behind the wakeboard boat.Every kite takes some time to learn how to fly.Or kites are one of the best flyers if not the best.Once you get the feel of these kites(which is not hard)you will find they are way more fun and “efficient than all others out there.We all have our own opinions and styles.I’ve tried most brands of kites and could be using anything I want but the bottom line is that Ocean Rodeo makes the best kites on the planet bar none. Dean

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

why is everyone questioning the set up? all lines equal without the rear kook-proofs on, 3rd knot on front, only knot on rear. these are just really slow turning kites. I gave my 12 to two of the oldest kiters on the east coast, Ty Luckett and Trip Forman, between them they have flown every bow on the market. Both of them said ‘nice kite, really slow turner’. is everyone afraid the OR hitmen will come and beat them up?

Total Posts: 434

Joined 2006-01-11

PM

Related thread - just like everything in life, opinions vary widely - some llike apples, some like oranges….

Experienced riders who fly all brands find the 12m very fast:

http://www.kiteforum.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2325312

Signature

Ocean Rodeo, US Sales

Hyperflex Wetsuits, US Sales