Diablo 12m

Total Posts: 61

Joined 2006-01-18

PM

just a had a super session on my 12 diablo. i was out for about 5-6 hours. not a problem,.bar pressure is so light compared to the bronco or other kites you can stay out for ever.

it really is an upwind machine, wind was straight onshore and i was way out back beyond the others, we were all on 12’s however i generally need to go a kite size bigger to stay upwind as i’m quiet heavy.

as for looping the kite, f**k me. this thing moves. these things moves so fast it makes kite looping a dream.

somebody asked me to describe the turnign speed. best way to describe it is to say that when you move the bar the kite turns and follows the kite instantly, the kite doesn’t follow the bar it moves in unison…

highly recomend everyone to demo this kite.

Signature

Ocean Rodeo Rep Ireland

Total Posts: 61

Joined 2006-01-18

PM

forogt to mention the relaunch. it able to take a 5th line. how ever i’m not a fan of 5th lines. my opinion is that there only useful for big kites to make relaunch easier.

I managed to drop the kites twice, it relaunched both times with the minimal of effort.

just pull in the front lines. let go and it’ll flip over. must be the curved wingtips.

still waiting for my one to arrive before I decide on what quiver to go for these year.
but for now i’m looking at all Dibalos.

Signature

Ocean Rodeo Rep Ireland

Total Posts: 626

Joined 2006-03-24

PM

Irish Diablo double decaf in Seattle

Your review is right in line with I thought this “blend” technology kite might be like. I’m getting a 14 this week and I’m hoping to be able to point high and ditch the crowds at jetty island and hang in there as the pressures increase towards sunset. What bar are you using? You guys have such tasty beer, and irished whiskey cleans my clock. I’m going to sail out there on that island someday. Aye.8)
carkeek craig

Total Posts: 14

Joined 2006-01-09

PM

I just picked up my new 12M Diablo today! I was lucky enough to try Rob’s 12M Diablo in La Ventana. Thanks Rob! I already know what to expect. Can’t wait for my next session!

Formula:  (12M Diablo + Mako)/swell =  :D

Signature

Is It Windy Yet?