Line length SLE bar
Posted: 08 September 2007 07:07 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  40
Joined  2007-07-19

Hi guys!

I did the safety mod with the extra knot (was a bit different from the pictures though) and decided to check my line length at the same time.
I think I read that with the bar pulled and the trim line fully out, the four lines should be the same length. Is this true? Because when I pulled on the lines, the power lines ended up half a meter above ground and the steering lines were touching the ground. So they are a LOT longer.
Is this right?
And to be sure: how do you tie the lines to a pole so you can check the line lengths? Do the pigtails and the last knots on the other lines have to be lined up at the pole? Is that the startout position?
One thing I know: if the steering lines should be the same length as the power lines, it explaines why some are complaining about bar pressure and I don’t feel a thing. I think my kite needs some tweaking… It flies brilliantly though on long steering lines!

Hope to hear from you!

Posted: 08 September 2007 07:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-07-19

An update. Found another tread about line length and discovered I forgot to remove the kookproof connectors… my bad!  rolleyes
I then again checked the line length and discovered the steering lines are still a tiny bit long. (Yes, checked the trim configuration). This could be because of the extra knots in the power lines (security mod). But how do I take just a bit off the line length of the steering lines (without using scissors please!)?

Posted: 08 September 2007 09:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  434
Joined  2006-01-11

If the front lines are only a tiny bit shorter than the backs, you are probably fine. However, if you do find you are not getting full power out of the kite, then just hook the rear lines up to the kite using the knot of the kook proof connector that effectively shortens you rear lines by about an inch.

Cheers,

Evan

Signature 

Ocean Rodeo, US Sales

Hyperflex Wetsuits, US Sales

Posted: 10 September 2007 12:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-07-19

Thanks Evan!
Superb information as usual!