Sessions harness
Posted: 26 March 2006 01:28 AM   [ Ignore ]
Guru
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  626
Joined  2006-03-24

I picked up my new sessions harness at Wileys in Seattle today. He had been hanging from it and was a bit puzzeled by the design. He called it a waist harness that you can strap down to your ass. I laughed.
He is right, this is a different design. Its interesting how you can adjust the waist harness up and down your torso quite easily and how the load is along the upper section. The fit and finish of the harness is super clean, strong and stiff without being bulky. The zippered shrouding for the buckles is trick! So is the safety on the handle pass thingy. Sometimes I ride in conditions where a lost board is a lost board, and I have to use a reel leash, I’m wondering where to put that…hmmm.  :D I am really looking forward to trying this new design. This is cool!
Anyone else using this harness?

Posted: 26 March 2006 01:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  94
Joined  2006-01-20

Yup…. Been using this for a month now…. Fantastic!

I was using a Prolimit previously and had got used to the restricted feeling of a seat harness…. this session was an absolute revelation to me.

Total leg movement AND some awesome back support.

All the things you said too…. good call on the board leash idea…. guess where mine will be going :D

Signature 

16m one, session harness and a pyro pro equipped….. 9 on the way soon!
LOVELY!

Posted: 26 March 2006 06:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Guru
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  505
Joined  2006-01-19

I’m not a handle pass kiter ( I attach my fifth line to a loop on my bar) so my plan is to pick up a ‘session’ harness & attach my board leash to the rear quick releasable loop.                                                http//www.oceanrodeo.com/harness.html

Signature 

Big Wave Dave your one stop weather site for S. Van. Island…

Posted: 26 March 2006 06:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Guru
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-01-19

tazzpowerup
Joined 06 Feb 2006
Posts 4
Residence Prince Edward IslandTazz writes I recieved my new harness last week OR Session very cool top notch construction thanks JohnZ.Never had a chance to use it yet but it fits great.
As for me I think I’ll use it without the leg straps for surfing but on the snow the straps may be good.

Tazz

Signature 

Posted: 26 March 2006 08:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Guru
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-03-24

OR harness set up

Thanks you guys for making me feel like I made a good move. I’m hearing that I need to set the waist harness up normally and pull the slack out of the leg straps to prevent movement, but I don’t need to ream it. I’m also getting the feeling that OR is more than just a funky name.
I am now thinking what a great snow kite harness this might be.
Having the reel off the handle pass is worth looking at, I like things snug.
carkeek craig

Posted: 26 March 2006 10:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-01-20

Re: OR harness set up

[quote author=“craig myers”] I’m also getting the feeling that OR is more than just a funky name.

Ohhhh yeah!

I think it is probably one of the best kept secrets in kiting!

Everything I have tried from OR has been of the highest quality, easy to use and in the case of the drysuit a COMPLETE revelation!

I met a guy on the beach the other day who was flying a two year old Bronco, it srill looked like new…... all the fabric still in good condition and no damage from many crashes and still on the original bladders!!

Try a ONE also…... great kite! :D

Signature 

LOVELY!

Posted: 26 March 2006 11:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Guru
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-03-24

OR sessions sizing note…

this is so cool to chat with guys who are getting wet on the other side of the earth and feeling the pulse of the winds energy and getting stoked.
UK is makin my day… :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
I was borderline XL and L, at a 38” waist. :shock:  I bet on a XL sessions, and have some straps to trim in length in the leggings, but everything else fits really well in the waist harness.  The L would’ve been a bit tight with a thick suit, do-able without.
Hey uk,
I’ve tried a 12m turbo in mild conditions and 16 waroo proto during a squall, that was like cheating death, I was mesmerized both times by what this style of kite can do. I am waiting patiently to try a One, I’ve heard this funky chick is worth the wait. 8)
carkeek craig

Posted: 26 March 2006 11:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-01-20

Re: OR sessions sizing note…

[quote author=“craig myers”] I am waiting patiently to try a One, I’ve heard this funky chick is worth the wait. 8)
carkeek craig

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOh yeah!!

The construction is LEAPS ahead of the others… the bar is amazing…and best of all it flies superbly…..daont waver…..WAIT!

Oh… inverts…. ONLY in VERY light wind when dropped onto safety.
Remedy…pull RHS lines in…..... kite flags out then relaunches.

(note this has only happened when the kite kas been UNDER inflated for use on land!)

Signature 

LOVELY!

Posted: 28 March 2006 12:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Guru
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-03-24

1st session with a Sessions

:D Carkeek Park, in Seattle, had some afternoon delight today, sunshine,  a solid 20 knots of wind and waist high waves. The only kite with me was a 2005 20m Yarga that I’m running on a 4-line bar. I was lit up, but still able to point high and jump some decent sized jumps with this big slow sucker.
:shock: This harness is easy to use. It feels like a good comfortable waist harness, no pressure points from the kite pressure or the leg staps. The leg straps must be taking some type of load even though the only pressure I felt was from the straps being snugged on my thighs. They didn’t ride up or feel like they might. I was pegged too. This is kind of wierd. Could it be that the leg straps running up to and above the hook line of the waist harness creates enough of a lever to minimize pressure?
I give this hybrid harness high marks for comfort and flexibility. It does a great job of distributing the “hang pressure” on your body and seems to give the family package room to go balls out.
A special thanks to you sessions owners for the fitting tips, and especially you, Mr. Jimmy Lewis, for the reel leash tip. Putting the reel on the detachable handle pass loop worked beautifully. 8)

Posted: 28 March 2006 09:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2006-01-20

Here is some more props to Ocean Rodeo and the quality of their gear.  I have a 2002 O. R. 12m that I strill ride today and while it is beginning to thin out, it still flies true, A 2003 pyro that still keeps me warm and dry, the 2003 Outlaw 142 that has taken everything I could throw at it (rocks, deadheads, massive wipeouts, etc).  I have put the kite it into trees, smashed it into the water, once on the beach and god knows how many rose bushes (grow on the beach) it has had to endure.  Through it all the kite (bronco) has held together.  When I started kiting I weighed 290lbs and this kite pulled me, lifted me etc etc, so you would think it would be streched all to hell, but nope, still flys well.  I of course have newer gear as well, all Ocean Rodeo, simply because I believe in the quality of the construction, but also because this company stands by their gear.. period.

Signature 

Airtime, its all bout the airtime

Posted: 09 April 2006 10:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Guru
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-03-24

Worth the extra effort

8) Just a quick note to anyone considering a sessions harness. My personal experiences here in Seattle are telling me that its turning out to be more than a good alternative to a seat harness.
I am discovering that the sessions harness is changing the way I ride. It feels like you are wearing less than a seat harness yet is very firm and comfortable. Its lite. After 4 good days of using it, I’ve found that it requires less effort to throw my hips forward when driving into a turn on a wave face or ramping up for a jump. Having the hook a little higher is really working my abs more too. I’m begining to understand why wave sailors prefer the lower body freedom of a waist harness, and also why there are not many beer belly wave sailors.
You won’t be dissapointed. :D
craig

Posted: 08 May 2006 04:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Guru
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-03-24

I have a 37” waist, and the xl I’m using could go to 36, and not be maxed, but if you use it w/o a wet suit it might be a bit big. So I suggest you go with the Large. These harnesses over lap between sizes enough so that it won’t be too small with the suit and maybe the perfect size w/o.
The best way to know is to try them both, this is just my guess.
You are gonna love this thing. After about 20 hours of use, it still feels so comfortable that you forget about it when your riding.

Posted: 08 June 2006 05:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Guru
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-01-19

Finally scored a session harness. Very satisfied. Heres a thread from our local weather site                                               http//www.bigwavedave.ca/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=9386#9386

Signature 

‹‹ Quiver of Ones?      ONE prices ››