IMPORTANT! Potential SLE Bar Safety Issue!

Total Posts: 1247

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

It came to our attention this past weekend that a batch of SLE bars we recently received my be improperly assembled and could lead to a safety concern. Please review the information below and check your bar immediatly in order to avoid a possible problem on the water!

The SLE Bar’s Front Line Swivel Assembly features a Front Line Leash Attachment Point. This is the cause for concern as it would appear the knot used to hold the stopper ball in place is too small.

If you have any doubt as to the size of the knot or if this repair is needed go ahead and make the repair, it won’t hurt!

(click on any image to enlarge)

Front Line Swivel Assembly

Inspect the Knot

Correct! :D - knot tied in thick part of line

Incorrect :(  - knot tied in thin part of line.

Solution :idea:

Balance Things Out

Bueno!

John Z - OR

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2007-06-26

PM

I noticed this problem the last time I used my 60cm bar a few weeks ago.
I thought nothing of it since I haven’t used it since.
My bar was shipped out in early June or late May. 
Glad to know there is a simple solution.
Thanks John.

Jason.

Total Posts: 1247

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

Yes indeed, it is very simple. Again, we are sorry for the hassles. It was a simple misinterpretation of the instructions given to the manufacturing staff. The good news is that it wasn’t a turning line!

JZ

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Total Posts: 152

Joined 2007-06-26

PM

thanks john just in time

Signature

on fire

Total Posts: 571

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

Although I had no doubt about the size of the knot in question at the time this warning first appeared I have, on reading the post from ORSales (Kiteforum, dated 08 Jan. ‘08.) reviewed things:

There’s still no sign that my knot is about to pull through the stopper ball but it does look like it has been tied in the thinner part of the line.

If I make the alteration just wondered if I need to untie the said knot before making the new overhand knot in the thicker part :?:

I understand the need to tie an overhand knot in the opposite line to balance things out but if I failed to untie the original incorrect stopper ball knot would that line not still be a little shorter :?:

Hope this makes sense :!:

Signature

andy

Dorset UK