Sneak Peek - Ocean Rodeo New Logo!

Total Posts: 1246

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

Crew!

Ocean Rodeo is about to make a solid push into the clothing world. That’s right, we are moving past screen printed t-shirts and sweat shirts and developing a solid line of clothing!

Expect to see a limitted run of clothing for men and women out and in shops by Spring 2008 with the full line coming for the Fall / Winter of 08. In light of this push we wanted to take a look at our logo and make it more “clothing friendly”.

Here is a sneak peak of what we are working with, thought you all would love to be the first to know! (Membership has its benifits!) You will first see this logo in use on the clothing and then in 2009 on all our gear! Hardcore Crew members will recall the font from the early days of Ocean Rodeo, updated to be a bit more current. The logo itself has tried to evoke the old “OR” logo and the colour choice reflects the deep orange we have been using with the company’s kiteboarding branding and the aqua blue we have begun to associate with the fledgling surfing side.

As always, we want / expect / appreciate your feedback!

John Z - OR

Option 1

Option 2

Option 3

Option 4

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Total Posts: 53

Joined 2006-01-19

PM

I was thinking the ‘new’ logo looked familiar but couldn’t figure it out until I read the text and then dug out my old Dorado (yup, that’s a while back!). The new logo is a great nod to the old OR logo and given a new look it totally brings it bang up to date. For the record I prefer the first option, clean and simple.

Total Posts: 185

Joined 2006-01-09

PM

humm, liked the old style

Use to the old logo , why to change ?
People start to finaly get use to OR and use to the logo,why changing it ....?
Think I ‘ll get use to it hihihihi
u have to make it a bit trashy hihi,
jeremie

Total Posts: 626

Joined 2006-03-24

PM

I think #4 seems the most dynamic of the 4.
I think its cool to keep the brand indentity evolving.
Nice job!

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2006-07-15

PM

Hmmm!

Signature

http://www.oceanrodeokites.co.uk

RIPPING UP THE OCEAN RODEO GEAR IN THE UK!!!!

Joined 2006-01-09

PM

like the #1 or the 4

The # 4 could be nice but the blue shape, you could maybe make it look like a drop of water don’t you think ? The shape is almost like this already, it could represent the OCEAN !!!!
bye
jeremie

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2006-07-15

PM

Yeah what Jere said!

Signature

http://www.oceanrodeokites.co.uk

RIPPING UP THE OCEAN RODEO GEAR IN THE UK!!!!

Joined 2006-01-09

PM

me again

Maybe, the Ocean in blue and rodeo in black to have kind of miror contrast with color of the logo ( speaking about the #4
jeremie

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2007-06-26

PM

I definitely like the first option better.  It looks more classic.    The “R” looks like an “R”. 
In options 3 and 4, the “r” looks like a “c”.
Also, the “water drop” idea is something that should be given heavy consideration.

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

This is what I am talking about!

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Total Posts: 152

Joined 2007-06-26

PM

I don,t like it at all
if you are a bank it will do
but a surf brand

i hope they come with something better

Signature

on fire

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

...actually, we are planning the release of the Ocean Rodeo Visa next year. Visa, it’s everywhere you want to be!

(Of course, I AM kidding.)

Z

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2007-06-21

PM

For me it has to be number 2.  I dont think that the logo lends itself to rotating without being square (currently it looks a bit wonky and i dont think on clothing it would look right). I think the logo is prefect for clothing, its simple and wonderfully understated (as long as you ship it to the UK ill be wearing it!)
However, i would change the ocean to blue and the rodeo to black instead of the way you have, i think this mirrors the badge a bit differently and makes the whole thing more balanced.  The only other thing i would say is that it maybe doesnt say ‘surfing brand’ for advertising purposes (when people see me wearing it), i think the water droplet would add this.  However, as i like design two this wouldnt work but i think you can convert the blue bit into a pretty lush looking wave type affair.  If I can have permission to fiddle with the logo i will knock up a quick pic of what i mean and post it back up.

Total Posts: 511

Joined 2006-01-19

PM

I like #4 , I think because of the ‘Pac Man’ flashbacks !!! 8)             

Signature

Big Wave Dave your one stop weather site for S. Van. Island…

Total Posts: 26

Joined 2006-01-19

PM

My pick is #4,  as I like the asymetric colour contrast of the Ocean Rodeo words against the logo picture, plus the angle of the picture logo looks cool.

I also think you should stick with the original logo as you already have a recognized brand logo/image with the public/consumer.  But, out of the four options above, my pick is #4.

Look forward to the new stuff 8)

Signature

‘08 RISE 8m/12m, Mako Pro, Mako Wide, Session Harness, Pyro, Crazyfly skimboard

Total Posts: 86

Joined 2006-03-03

PM

I like the old logo so I vote for the old (current) one, the cynic in me saiz “updating” a logo is little more than a coup for the advertising folks. On reflection perhaps it’s because I am on the wrong side of 40 and a bit resistent to change.

Lester