RISE KITE Collapsing Wing Tips? - Early Modlel Rise Kites

Total Posts: 1246

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

In some limmitted circumstances (high winds, heavy riders or overly agressive riders) some people have had their early model Rise kite suffer from collapsing wing tips. This has happened to only a handfull of kites, so if you have not experienced this problem, don’t worry!

If you have had this issue you are welcome to contact us for an easily applied fix. However, if you are anxious you can also make your own, here’s how:

You’ll need to make the extensions, click on the image below to open a print compatible image:

Then you’ll need to install them! Click below for a print compatible image.

Questions? Call 888-544-4969 or email .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

John Z

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Total Posts: 152

Joined 2007-06-26

PM

he john
i had some problems with the tips
i had problems in gusty wind,s her in holland
i told wouter, and the mod kit is on its way good job.

is ther a setting on the rise to bring down the bar pressure
or wil this mod kit do the job.

greetz barry

Signature

on fire

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

Because the “Pulley Line” (H Line) is slightly shorter than it should be it pulls the rear lines forward. This pull adds bar pressure as it requires that you fight this pull in order to keep the rear lines straight. This mod will address this feeling as well as the slight lag in initial turning responce.

Please note! This issue only affects a small number of the initial Rise kites produced. If you have an issue contact us and we will sort you out. All kites shipping as of May will have had these issues addressed.

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Total Posts: 152

Joined 2007-06-26

PM

thanks john my rise 12 is from the early days in may so the mod kit will do the job.
i had the feeling the kite was in the beginners setting compared to my 8 rise
i will let you know if this gets better with the mod kit
greetz barry

Signature

on fire

Total Posts: 315

Joined 2006-04-02

PM

I guess I must be one of the few, I just got my 12m Rise out 2 sessions with it the wing tips are collapsing on me on either turning settings so I’ll wait for the bridal mod and I also noted that the bar pressure is huge hope the mod will lighten things up a bit I’m a big guy.  Funny that the kite came late June and still had the problem must have been at the bottom of the pile.

Jason

Signature

Kiting is great can’t wait to retire so I can do it full time.  Bring on the wind.

Total Posts: 84

Joined 2008-09-04

PM

PLEASE make sure you have your kite pumped up drum tight - this will help solve your problem as well the mod will also help with this problem.

Total Posts: 52

Joined 2007-03-13

PM

Hey Jason,

I had my RISE out this weekend, and I never had any problems with wingtips collapsing, until late in the session when I discovered my deflate valve had almost come out and was slowly leaking air. Mine was one of the first 75 kites produced.

I’m still waiting to hear back from the OR crew about the bridle mod. I’ll have them ship to you directly.

Signature

Big Tide Paddle Surfing
Standup paddleboards, Jimmy Lewis, and DaKine dealer
Ocean Rodeo drysuits
.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)
http://www.bigtidepaddlesurfing.com

Joined 2006-04-02

PM

I’ve been pumping it rock hard so I’ll wait for the mod, if it don’t work maybe I can trade for that 2007 One you have posted I still enjoy the 12m One.  Talk to you later.

Jason

Signature

Kiting is great can’t wait to retire so I can do it full time.  Bring on the wind.

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

Jason,

We will have a mod kit sent to Terry at Fundy kites immediatly. I am sorry you have experienced this issue.

In the mean time you can try this:

- Move the rear bridle attachment to the forward setting. Do not move the pulley attachment as well. By moving only the rear attachment you will reduce the inward pull on the 2 points and should help prevent this issue.

Once the bridle mod is there set the back attachment back to the way the kite shipped to you.

Finally, if you continue to have problems after the mod has been installed please contact us as we want to make sure you are happy!

John Z

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Total Posts: 54

Joined 2007-04-23

PM

Hi John, I posted this in the Kite Chat forum as well, thanks for responding:

Riding my 12M Rise yesterday in 15-22 mph (18 average), I was able to consistently “distort” the tip(s) by pulling hard on the steering line. John, do I need the bridal mod or maybe a bit more pressure in the bladder(s)?  I thought I pumped it up to “usual” firmness but I was in a bit of a hurry.

I received my kite about a week before Memorial Day (end of May), not sure if this is one of the “early” kites that needs the bridal mod or not.

I am one of the “heavy” guys at 225 lbs..

Great session on the kite, btw! Really love the Rise more and more everytime I ride it, I love cranking the kite around and following it with a heelside or toeside carve!

Total Posts: 265

Joined 2006-09-04

PM

[quote author=“Anonymous”]PLEASE make sure you have your kite pumped up drum tight - this will help solve your problem as well the mod will also help with this problem.

that was me

Signature

I love to Kiteboard

Total Posts: 54

Joined 2007-04-23

PM

Thanks Mossman, for your response.. What I meant by “thanks for responding” in my original message was “thanks in advance for responding” and was directed to JohnZ.  I was hoping he would tell me whether I need the bridal mod or not.

Joined 2006-04-02

PM

Hey John have you fwd. the bridal mod to Fundy kiteboarding yet, I’m still waiting for it, thks.

Jason

Signature

Total Posts: 84

Joined 2008-09-04

PM

Hey Jason,

What size Rise do you have? I’ll send out the mod kit as soon as I hear back from you.

Cheers,

Total Posts: 52

Joined 2007-03-13

PM

Its for a 12m RISE, I thought it was sent out already.

Signature

Big Tide Paddle Surfing
Standup paddleboards, Jimmy Lewis, and DaKine dealer
Ocean Rodeo drysuits
.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)
http://www.bigtidepaddlesurfing.com

Joined 2006-04-02

PM

Dido from Fundy Kiteboarding I expected the mod already the kite wings are still folding on themselve even on the slow turning setting so can be shipped to:

Jason DOUCET
810 Dover rd.
Dieppe, NB
E1A 7M4

The sooner the better it’s been over a week since John Z said he was going to ship me one, hope it works.

Jason

Signature