punch-up bar line length

Total Posts: 86

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

while I await the arrival of my 12m One I need something to obsess about. can anyone tell me the line length on the stock punch-up bar? Can hardly wait. Flown a few bows, up till now the Switchblade has been my favorite. bought the One with no demo on the strength of OR’s reputation and the fact that the punch-up bar addresses the very MINOR issues I had with the SB bar.
LOVE my Session harness and will probably buy a Pyro Pro next fall. thanks and this is a really great forum. :mrgreen:

Total Posts: 37

Joined 2006-01-18

PM

You’ve hopefully got it by now, but my 12 m One came with 21 m lines with 3m extensions.  So far I’ve been riding the 24 m combo, but I’ve mostly been out in light winds - I’m looking forward to trying just the 21’s when it gets a bit windier here.

Total Posts: 84

Joined 2008-09-04

PM

Calikites, still no joy

no, ordered on March 7 from Calikites, still no joy.

Total Posts: 84

Joined 2008-09-04

PM

[quote author=“Wade”]You’ve hopefully got it by now, but my 12 m One came with 21 m lines with 3m extensions.  So far I’ve been riding the 24 m combo, but I’ve mostly been out in light winds - I’m looking forward to trying just the 21’s when it gets a bit windier here.

How was the low end on the 12? How many real knots you needed to go upwind? your weight an board please…

thanx

Total Posts: 1246

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

Re: Calikites, still no joy

[quote author=“Anonymous”]no, ordered on March 7 from Calikites, still no joy.

Cali Kites are one of the dealerships scheduled to receive kites from this shipment of gear, expected here by the 10th of April. This would mean they will have the kite no later than the 20th.

JohnZ

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Total Posts: 37

Joined 2006-01-18

PM

[quote author=“chichokiter”]
How was the low end on the 12? How many real knots you needed to go upwind? your weight an board please…

thanx

Chichokiter,

I’ve been pretty impressed with the low end of the kite.  Usually on the Big Island I ride my 17 m C - and I haven’t taken it out since I got my 12 m One.  I have been riding a large Door style board I built, or my 6’6” surfboard, but today I was out on my 127 cm twin tip.  Most everyone else was on 16’s and larger boards, but I managed to keep up on my 12.  I was a little underpowered, but still able to jump and cruise upwind.  With a big, fast board, I can cruise upwind like crazy, but today I wanted to get out on the little twin tip.

With a big board, I’ve been able to ride upwind in 8 to 10 knots on the 12 m, and I weigh 175 lbs.  I am looking forward to my 16 m One though, as our winds here are usually light - more power is better.  smile  We’re happy if we hit 10 knots here.