16m ONE- INFO YET?????
Posted: 14 March 2006 07:23 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  86
Joined  1969-12-31

I’m running the risk of boring the crap out of everyone as I know theres loads of people after the same information. But, I’m under pressure to place an order for a kite in order to secure an early delivery. I like the reviews of the 12m ONE but since I want the 16m, I’d love to hear a bit more than the 1 or 2 brief reviews that are available. Some OR final test reports or anything from OR sponsored riders would be useful.  What would be great is an independent review but that seems impossible at the moment.

I’d like to know how fast the kite is, turning speed, realistic wind range (since this always differs to mftrs guesstimate), hang time and most helpful would be how it compares in these areas to a LEI, same size.

Hope someone can respond. Thanks.

Posted: 14 March 2006 08:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  434
Joined  2006-01-11

If it would help you out, I can put you in touch with a San Diego area rider who has now logged a number of days in various conditions on his 16 One.  I expect he will be posting but maybe you can encourage him. :D

Email me at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) if you are interested.

Signature 

Ocean Rodeo, US Sales

Hyperflex Wetsuits, US Sales

Posted: 14 March 2006 07:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-01-11

Here’s a shot of a San Diego team rider, taken today.

Signature 

Ocean Rodeo, US Sales

Posted: 15 March 2006 09:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  84
Joined  2008-09-04

Wow, I don’t see a single whitecap in the photo!  Must be only about 9-10 knots.

Brad

Posted: 15 March 2006 11:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  84
Joined  2008-09-04

[quote author=“kurt”]It was straight sideshore just downwind from a big pier/breakwater;  there isn’t any wave action in the area you can see.  It was actually blowing about 15-ish.  If you got offshore a little, it was capping decently.

Location is South Beach @ South Haven, MI.  The local OR rep is Chris Campbell @ Sharkless Kiteboarding.

Kurt, I took the photo myself. It was taken yesterday in San Diego, at Tourmaline, around 3:40pm. The rider’s name is John Weston.

Here’s the graph:

http://www.ikitesurf.com/windandwhere.iws?regionID=138&siteID=225&days=1&Isection=Wind+Yesterday

Posted: 15 March 2006 11:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  94
Joined  2006-01-20

That looks like 12-15mph….... that looks like being my Summer kite then!

All OR need to do now is produce a lightwind board and they have it all covered :D

Signature 

16m one, session harness and a pyro pro equipped….. 9 on the way soon!
LOVELY!

Posted: 15 March 2006 02:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-01-11

[quote author=“kurt”][quote author=“evanstolze”][quote author=“kurt”]It was straight sideshore just downwind from a big pier/breakwater;  there isn’t any wave action in the area you can see.  It was actually blowing about 15-ish.  If you got offshore a little, it was capping decently.

Location is South Beach @ South Haven, MI.  The local OR rep is Chris Campbell @ Sharkless Kiteboarding.

Kurt, I took the photo myself. It was taken yesterday in San Diego, at Tourmaline, around 3:40pm. The rider’s name is John Weston.

Here’s the graph:

http://www.ikitesurf.com/windandwhere.iws?regionID=138&siteID=225&days=1&Isection=Wind+Yesterday

I thought he was talking about the photo I was experimenting w/, i.e., no white caps; the shot you took had a small waves.  Misplaced comment/post/whatever…..

Maybe he was, maybe I’m confused…..

Cheers :D

Signature 

Ocean Rodeo, US Sales

Posted: 18 March 2006 06:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  87
Joined  2006-01-17

Evan and Kurt:

I was looking at Evan’s photo when I couldn’t see any whitecaps.  Sorry for the confusion.  If that’s the wind measurements at that time then the kites performance is unreal.  Is the rider on a surfboard?  I can’t tell on my monitor.

Brad

Signature 

St. John’s Newfoundland

Posted: 19 March 2006 09:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-01-11

No, he is on a floaty, custom Jimmy Lewis twin tip.

Signature 

Ocean Rodeo, US Sales

Posted: 19 March 2006 10:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  94
Joined  2006-01-20

Mine is ordered :D

Signature 

16m one, session harness and a pyro pro equipped….. 9 on the way soon!
LOVELY!

Posted: 27 March 2006 10:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1246
Joined  2006-01-10

[quote author=“kurt”]testing upload / just got a flickr account

[img] http://www.flickr.com/photos/37616238@N00/109473845/ [img]

Evan, Kurt - Here’s a tip. In order to have the photo actually show up you need to use the “static” link that Flickr gives you to each individual photo. Click on the photo in Flickr, browse to the “all sizes” link above it and choose “medium” (large is often too big for this forum and just makes people have to scroll all around to see the image). Below the medium sized image will be a permanent link to the image similar to this:

(notice the static.flickr domain name)

When properly placed in the image tags it looks like this!

John Z :evil:

Signature 

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc