New One Kite "Punch Up"  Bar Photos!

Total Posts: 37

Joined 2006-01-18

PM

A question about the lower stopper - what keeps it in place in the free ride setup?  Is it a friction fit on a thicker section of the rope, or something else?

If we could apply the red lock-off knot on the fly, this system might be what Mark Shinn and Toby were talking about on kiteforum recently.  Launch and land with the lock off knot loose, then attach it when you want to do some board off/one handed tricks. 

Looking forward to having one of these units to play with!

Total Posts: 1247

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

[quote author=“Wade”][quote author=“Anonymous”] Anyway I was wondering if anyone knew if this bar can be used on flat kites which utilize pulleys on the outside lines such as the Xbow and Turbo diesel.  Thanks in advance.

You could, but you have to remember that your rear line travel for sheeting and turning will be about half of what you get with the stock Crossbow/TD bar.  Pete Cabrinha mentioned that without the pulleys, they needed a bar that was almost 1 m wide to turn the kite properly.  Thus the pulleys.

But it might work, give it a try!

W=FxD…That’s Ross’s straight up explaination.

You can use our Punch Up bar with any flat kite, including ones that normally use pullies but you will need to pull the bar a bit further to get the same trun out of the kite. That being said it is easier to pull the bar because there are no pullies.

Same amount of work: 1.5 x the distance, .75 of the force.

JohnZ

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Total Posts: 84

Joined 2008-09-04

PM

Is One bar pressure feeling as same as Crossbow ? and also Is it always holding the bar pressure as riding on water like Crossbow or C-kite ?

Joined 2008-09-04

PM

Can any kiter hold the bar by one hand during a long way in water without getting tired ? Can the bar be spinning without the kite falling down after any back/ forward loops??

Joined 2008-09-04

PM

[quote author=“Anonymous”]Can any kiter hold the bar by one hand during a long way in water without getting tired ? Can the bar be spinning without the kite falling down after any back/ forward loops??

where is that answer after asking you ???

Joined 2008-09-04

PM

[quote author=“Anonymous”]Can any kiter hold the bar by one hand during a long way in water without getting tired ? Can the bar be spinning without the kite falling down after any back/ forward loops??

where is that answer after asking you ???

Total Posts: 37

Joined 2006-01-18

PM

Well, as I read it from the top of this thread, you can lock off the stoppers in “wake mode” and ride against the stopper all day, just like a regular kite. 

Your question wasn’t very clear though.  Maybe you were asking if it’s possible to ride one handed and spin the bar in “free ride mode”?  I would guess so, but it’s hard to say, as I haven’t received my kites yet.  Perhaps someone who has ridden a One may be able to answer that one for you.

Also, about the bar pressure - other people have mentioned that its nice and light, which makes sense, as there’s no 2-1 pulley on the rear lines at the bar.

Joined 2008-09-04

PM

Re: New One Kite "Punch Up"  Bar Photos!

[quote author=“Johnz”]Hi Guys!

Here is the official “pre-release” photos of the new bar system for the One and, for that matter, any existing flat kite on the market.

Looking for a good bar for my PL Venum 19

Can the Punch Up bar be used on a PL ARC or should one rarther go for the Punch-Out bar (which also look great)  smile

BR Jan