Click here to check it out:

http://www.kiteforum.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2325742

Signature

Ocean Rodeo, US Sales

Hyperflex Wetsuits, US Sales

Total Posts: 84

Joined 2008-09-04

PM

I registered today to see if that kite truley exsisted and it was great to open up the forum and see a review. I’m looking at replacing my 18m Bronco with the 21m Diablo. I’m hoping the speed will be about the same with a little better power in the 14 - 16 kt range.

Tom

Total Posts: 434

Joined 2006-01-11

PM

There’s photo of the 21 in action here:

http://www.kiteforum.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2325742

The Diablos are much faster in turning than the Broncos, so you will be very happy! They also have much more windrange, and pivot on axis.

Signature

Ocean Rodeo, US Sales

Hyperflex Wetsuits, US Sales

Total Posts: 84

Joined 2008-09-04

PM

cool photo!!!!

Total Posts: 626

Joined 2006-03-24

PM

I’m a 200lb guy who is in love with a kite thats Dia-blow’n my mind. The 21m Diablo. Got to fly one today for the first time in 12 to 14 kts. Typical afternoon winds here in the city. Not the typical kite experience- a fast turning kite that can loop and powerstroke like a some sort of nuclear device. When you throw this thing back be ready for an elevator ride.
This kite is slippery for its size and romps right out to the edge with a lot of punch. I had my de-power strap in 50% on a 50cm bar, and had the front lines on the front most pig and the longest knots.  This gave the kite the most possible de-power, but still left enough low end to go fast and jump in winds that barely made caps.  Can’t wait to see what the more pwerfull settings do to this kite. Remember, the Diablo has 3 front line attachement points, with 6 power settings at each point.  I know it sounds complex, but after using the 14m Diablo for awhile I really got to know how to optimize the performance of this type of kite for the conditions. It really makes a difference. I think that in 16 knots this kite is going make me pee in my wetsuit, yahoo!.

Joined 2006-03-24

PM

I made it out again on the 21m Diablo. 16 to 18 kts, fairly smooth wind.
I visualized getting romped by this power house when the winds came up to these pressures, no way man… this is a smooth traction machine that depwers so wonderfully with little effect on turning- it turns on its tips when you crank it. This characteris-stick makes for effortless fingertip powerstrokes that send you aloft for a long time. Get ready for some altitude as this foil climbs to the apex during a power stroke, its just so fricken high and long! So long that I had time to think to myself that one move isn’t enough anymore. Two moves from now on. I tried to stay out as long as I could and ended up sailing for over 4 hours with this kite standing on a mako named “moon goddess”. She’s a super smooth ride that points upwind into the chop nicely with a big kite. You can sheet in and send at will, or just set the strap so you can ride no hands…low bar pressure!  Its hard to imagine a better feeling to heal the wounds of daily life in this multi-task world of ours.
That feeling of being whipped around like a smiling puppet on the strings of a Diablo baby! :twisted:

Joined 2006-03-24

PM

Tom,

Please let us know what you think of the kite. Its so different from my last big kite, a 20m R-2, that I’m still in a kite daze. More of everything, especially power, but the way it de-powers is what really lets you push the envelope with loops and aggressive riding style. This kite is going to take me to the next level of riding. I can just feel it. The big “D” is like my secret lover, I can’t wait to take her out again and work it baby.

craig

Joined 2006-03-24

PM

The 21 looks like the other diablo’s, but its own special thing. What front attachment point are you using? I have thought about removing the punch out for use with the 21, I think somewhere in this forum there is a comment on how to do that. It takes away a layer of safety, but these unintentional saftey releases can be unsafe in some ways too, not to mention a bummer. I’ve only flown mine on the surf setting, front most attachment, and noticed more lift in the bar, but the depower is amazing for such a powerful foil.
Try a different setting, remember you still have the chicken loop release and leash with release for safe flying if the bar pressure is persistant with your conditions and style of riding.
Maybe some one will read this who has performed the bar mod which removes the punch out.  Perhaps we will be granted enlightenment. 8)

Total Posts: 61

Joined 2006-01-18

PM

if you want to deactivate the punch out, just cut the red line on the saftey by the QR.

Signature

Ocean Rodeo Rep Ireland

Joined 2006-03-24

PM

Thanks Brian! I’ll lift a pint of something in honor of your wisdom. :D

Total Posts: 48

Joined 2006-04-21

PM

I have had a LOBA (loss of bar accident) due to Punch-out being activated while landing a jump.  I wondered if I put more battens in the punch-out (there are currently 2 on each side) maybe go to 3-4.  Has anyone done this?  I don’t want to cut the line and remove it altogether just stiffen it up a little.

Signature

Shaun

Joined 2006-03-24

PM

I’m going to try and find a clamp of some sort that I can install on the depower loop line above the bar that you can fix just below the punch out device.
My thinking is that I could slap this on to disable the punch out when needed, and then remove it afterwards to keep it active.
I’ll let you know if I come up with a mod that works.  8)

Joined 2006-04-21

PM

You can add extra battens to the Punch-out, up to 4 per side.  This is equal to 32lbs of force required to engage the system.  Also, you can remove the “red” line from the cuff above the Chicken loop by undoing the Velcro.  Hope this helps.  I’ll get some pics up soon.

Signature

Shaun

Joined 2006-03-24

PM

Right on Shaun! I love it! :D That is sooooo simple and way easier than a clamp or cutting a line. Cheers!
:D

Joined 2006-03-24

PM

It works!  :D Just take the little tab out and the punch out is inactive! It was great to sail really powered on the 21 today in a rock steady 16 knots. I cruised with no hands on the bar and no worries about a punch out.  This kite is so fast, its just amazing. Two other kiters were out, one on a 16m boxer and the other on an 18m torch. I was the only one jumping big, so big it feel like an elevator ride up then off the roof of your house…over and over again. The last kite I used, last friday, was a 05’ 20m Yarga. This diablo is much faster, turns on a wingtip, and points upwind like a dream.  I’m not trying to say the yarga sucks, its just that it flies more like an suv, and the diablo flies like a fricken ferrari.  All the tools a sailor needs to jump his guts out. :twisted:

Joined 2006-04-21

PM

Glad to see it worked!  Rides are so much nicer when worry free.

Signature

Shaun