PYRO SURF Reviews! - Surf Dry!

Total Posts: 173

Joined 2005-12-27

PM

90% of dry-suits sold will need some latex seal trimming…so this is normal.

for ankle and wrist seals I trim no more than 1/8” or 3mm of the ends. And then test fit after each cut. If the seal is really tight I make my first cut at 1/8” and slightly scale back the second cut.

You must be more precise with the neck seal so if your close on the comfort don’t trim more the 2mm per cut. Take more frequent thinner cuts with the neck seal…

For trimming all the seals the best method I’ve found is to cut the seals “flat” so your not cutting around the circumference and potential nicking the seal. This is a volume trick I’ve used from fitting seals at trade shows. You need a helper to hold and tension the seal flat so you can make a nice clean cut straight across - the trick is to hold the two layers edge to edge,..you don’ want them to slip. Be careful not to cut your helper with the scissors! (we’ll post a video on this very soon).
I’ve trimmed hundreds of seals this way and so far so good,...a few pics attached.

Image Attachments

IMGP0037.jpg
IMGP0033.jpg
IMGP0036.jpg

Total Posts: 173

Joined 2005-12-27

PM

and the latex neck seal trim,...

Image Attachments

IMGP0042.jpg
IMGP0040.jpg
IMGP0039.jpg

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2013-02-18

PM

Question for those that use the OR drysuit for surfing, what has been your experience for durability of the suit over time?  Have you had to make repairs?  Are you still using it?  Will you go back to a wetsuit? Did you have any issues with getting water in the suit?