OK… who will put their name down to help my nephew?

Total Posts: 94

Joined 2006-01-20

PM

Ok… I haven’t been about much recently as most of my time when not working has been spent at Hospital with my brother and his family… my Nephew contracted Meningitis and the results were… well… horrendous.

Have a look at our first attempt at the website… it will expand.

http://www.edwardbright.com/index.html

A small group of us are planning a Hunstanton to to Skeggy Wash crossing… this may be no big deal to some of you but it sure sharpens MY thoughts…. what with me being a bit poo!

So… Offers of joining in/sponsorship/help with what we will need to do practically would be much apreciated. Remember, this 7 year old boy has lost both arms and legs. he will need lots of help as he grows up… he wont be whingeing if early indications hold true… but no strength of spirit will replace his missing bits!

Thanks in advance boys and girls…

Signature

16m one, session harness and a pyro pro equipped….. 9 on the way soon!
LOVELY!

Total Posts: 173

Joined 2005-12-27

PM

so sad to see this post.

3 years ago we did a kite crossing from the US to Canada to raise funds for Vancouver childrens hospital ( burn unit ). We managed to raise a few thousand dollars, with 6 kiter participating, each rider used pledge sheets and went to thier friends for support $.

I think its time for another crossing.

Total Posts: 87

Joined 2006-01-17

PM

So sorry to hear about this.  Breaks my heart to hear about children’s ailments.  What can we do to help?  Is there a Paypal account set up so we can donate to some sort of Trust Fund?

You have my full support.  I look forward to donating.

Brad

Signature

St. John’s Newfoundland

Joined 2006-01-20

PM

We will have Paypal just as soon as the bankaccount is finalised… next tuesday(ish)

Thanks guys…. it’s been an eye opening time.

Signature

LOVELY!

Total Posts: 626

Joined 2006-03-24

PM

My company has did a window retrofit for Ronald McDonald House here in Seattle a couple years ago. The kids that I met that were going through chemo-therapy really opened my eyes to what matters in this life. They were so inspiring…I was changed afterwards.
Kids are the most precious things in life, when they are ill or injured we feel a pain that hits us right at the core of our existence. It hurts. :cry:
I was immune to this stuff until a nurse handed me a newborne son the doctors told us we would never have, then it all came to me in a rush that I will never forget, like some internal program that wasn’t activated until this creature was in my arms. I would give anything to keep him safe.
You have a very brave nephew, I can’t imagine what this must be like. My heart and prayers go out to him and your family.
Get that paypal up and running so I can help.

God Bless you Adamski.

Total Posts: 86

Joined 2006-03-03

PM

Hey adam,

very sad news indeed, hits a nerve as I have young ones myself. So ya count me in, maybe PM me bank account and sort code so you don’t lose the service charge from paypal and I’ll do a bank transfer if you want?

Although I would imagine you probaly know this but just incase are your relations claiming carers allowance, tax credits, blue badge for parking and possibly motability allowance?

How far is the crossing, do you leave from Brancaster, Hunstanton or old Hunstanton? Only been up to “Sunny Hunny” once for a long weekend but was a great spot to sail.

Regards,

Lester

Joined 2006-01-20

PM

Thanks all… the paypal is live on
http://www.edwardbright.com

Signature

LOVELY!

Total Posts: 61

Joined 2006-10-13

PM

Really sorry to hear this - count me in too. Thoughts and prayers to Edward and his family during such a time.

Mark

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2006-07-15

PM

Ads

Adam,

Nice work mate, I had a little look at your route, that must be good 20miles in a straight line, when are you thinking of doing it? And how many people are making the crossing at this point?

If there is anything you need a hand with, you know I will help as much as possible. Should this be made a sticky post on all UK forums? I havent seen it on any others mate. Maybe a word with flexi to get it up there and keep it up there, that should get a lot of coverage then. If you need me too let me know. The same with kiteboarder etc..

John Z please make this sticky until Ads makes his crossing.

Speak soon dude

Ben

Signature

http://www.oceanrodeokites.co.uk

RIPPING UP THE OCEAN RODEO GEAR IN THE UK!!!!

Total Posts: 24

Joined 2006-10-14

PM

Really sorry to hear bout it man, I’ve PM’d u and if u need any help wit website and stuff u can get me on MSN (.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)) I’m a web designer and will help in any way u need.
Ben