Help on next kite

Total Posts: 20

Joined 2006-09-11

PM

What would you all suggest for my next kite or board?  I have a 06 12 One and a OR dorado fli-flex 174 board. My winds are on the lite side around the 10+mph. But the good days are 17 to 25mph. I still consider myself a beginner, I can go up wind just can’t stay upwind if that makes any sense.

Thank-you in advance

Steve

Total Posts: 511

Joined 2006-01-19

PM

Wait for a 14 - 16 M rise for the light wind then sell the 12m ONE & pick up a 9m ONE. You will love the speed of the 9 & it’s good to ~ 30 knots… I’m assuming your of average weight ?! O.R. is due to come out with a light wind board…Wait for it for those light winds or try the MAKO 150.

Signature

Big Wave Dave your one stop weather site for S. Van. Island…

Total Posts: 14

Joined 2007-02-25

PM

If you can go upwind, I should think that its the wind conditions that stop you from staying upwind, rather than your riding skills

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2006-07-15

PM

Dude

Dude,

As Jimmy said, the best quiver will be the 9m One and 14M One, I would sugget that you keep at it with the upwind thing, You may be edging too hard to try and keep upwind, I find that that if i relaxed and carried more speed I would shoot upwind. The 12M can be a bit or a slow but powerful thing, just dont edge too hard or ou wil choke it.

Upwind also relies a lot on the state and direction of tide/current.

Have fun mate, aim for the 9 and 14M or if expense is no problem, maybe a 9m one, 12m one and a 16m diablo.

add me on MSN if you have any other queries mate.

Ben

Signature

http://www.oceanrodeokites.co.uk

RIPPING UP THE OCEAN RODEO GEAR IN THE UK!!!!