Conversions?

Total Posts: 20

Joined 2006-09-11

PM

hey johnz

on feb 22 you said the conversion kit would be $15-20 usd. Now you say $25-30 usd. [removed]emoticon(’:shock:’)
I can not find your post but you also said something like you did not want to gouge your previous buyers. For example bridle mod and now bar conversion kit. I must admit my only inflatable kite is a 06 12 one. I am a beginner on water but have been kitesking for 7 years. I like the bridle mod but I don’t feel I should have had to do it in the first place.

Steve

Total Posts: 86

Joined 2006-03-03

PM

Hey Steve,

I appreciate you are upset.

Just to put things in perspective, have you compared the price of a bar upgrade for say Naish or slingy? $25-30 is pale in comparison. I cant think of any other brand of kite I have owned in the past 5-years that even offered me an upgrade to make last year bar into the same spec and the present year. It’s more along the lines of $250 for an entire new bar system.

Lester

Total Posts: 1246

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

Nice one Lester….

Steve, indeed we do not want to gouge the consumer and I do not feel that a $25-$30 bar upgrad kit is much to ask for. The center line trim line that comes with the kit is over 4 feet of line with a specially sewn end to allow you to both leash off the end of it and to velcro it off to the chicken loop when you wish to. Further, these new stopper balls work very well and have been machined locally for us as we wait to have the part moulded with the rest of the bar production.

Realistically I do not feel that this is a huge expense for you to undertake. I am sorry if it seems to be so but we need to balance our desire to maintain customer service and the fact that the preparation, distribution and promotion of these upgrade kits take us away from the same efforts for larger value items.

I certainly suggest you consider making the upgrade and stand by my assertion that the kit is good value.

John Z

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Total Posts: 1246

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

I might add:

[quote author=“joecult”] I can’t help but mention again the new “easy stopper” is the cats meow. Can’t wait to convert my 06 bars. For long upwinders its like having cruise control. raspberry No hander airs are back!! No more worrying about the punchout going off mid flight. :wink:  I would recomend anyone getting this kite and if you happen to get the chance to try one, you’ll be instantly converted.

The Yukon kid :twisted:

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Total Posts: 315

Joined 2006-04-02

PM

I’m quite please myself to get the upgrade for the $25 to $35, considering the new bar is much higher price then the conversion, look at the best upgrade is near $100.  O.R. took it upon themselve to upgrade the bar and offer it and making it work on 2006 bar, money well spent for me being an intermidiate this stopper is going to be awesome, price of advancement as far as I’m concern.

Jason

Signature

Kiting is great can’t wait to retire so I can do it full time.  Bring on the wind.

Total Posts: 20

Joined 2006-09-11

PM

Thank-You for the explanation and comments.

I will call my dealer tonight. ‘:D’

Steve