bladder problem on 10m Bronco

Total Posts: 12

Joined 2007-02-26

PM

Hi All

Im hoping someone can help me out. Ive recently been having problems inflating some of the struts on my 2005 Bronco.

The valves on the bronco’s are meant to close automatically as soon as the correct presure is reached, but as soon as i remove the nossle from my pump the strut deflates?

Any ideas on what it could be?

Total Posts: 61

Joined 2006-01-18

PM

which struts are you having problems with??

i have some available.

if you put away your kites with the valve pokers in them. the valve that blocks tha air escaping can get stretched. if this happens when the hose is taken away the valve doesn’t get enough backward pressure to block the gar.

in simple terms if you open a door and its windy it’ll blow closed, btu if you open it more than half way it’ll blow open.

Signature

Ocean Rodeo Rep Ireland

Joined 2007-02-26

PM

Hi Brian

Its the end strut on the 10m that im having problems with.

Cheers

Joined 2007-02-26

PM

I probably did leave the poker in the valve now that i think of it :(

Total Posts: 265

Joined 2006-11-15

PM

Indeed do not leave the poker in when you roll the kite. This can damage the valve…. It can also be dirt…. try cleaning it.

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2006-07-15

PM

Mine did it occasionally, especially on the smaller struts. I just used to make sure they had a lot of air in them and be very quick just incase!

Ben

Seems if u have a lot of air in them it happens less.

Signature

http://www.oceanrodeokites.co.uk

RIPPING UP THE OCEAN RODEO GEAR IN THE UK!!!!

Total Posts: 61

Joined 2006-01-18

PM

wouldn’t you know it the two struts you needed are the ones that got used, what i have left is all the other struts.

sorry,
Brian

Signature

Ocean Rodeo Rep Ireland

Total Posts: 1246

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

You can try 2 things:

1) If you wish to replace the bladder all together you can use oversized bladders if available….it will add a bit of weight but should be fine.

2) You can try taking the bladders out and submerging the nipple in boiled water. This will soften up the back draft valve and will hopefully allow it to fall back to place.

Be sure not to store your kite with the de-flate pokers installed!

Good luck -

JohnZ

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Joined 2007-02-26

PM

Thanks for all the replies guys.

I’ll try that john, cheers.