Diablo or One,...advice please!

Total Posts: 51

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

Hi Guys, I really want to get a new 2006 kite, but need some advice as to which one is best suited to me, and what size you would recomend in each model.
Here are my deatils:

Ability: Advanced, not a lot of tricks, but can hold my own in most conditions, ride small waves, jump etc.

Weight: 150 lbs

Wind conditions: Summer 7-16 knots, winter 12-24 gusty, and somewhat turbulent.

Water: 8’’ to 2 ft. chop.

Does the Diablo have the wind range of the one?
What advantages would I find from one to the other?
I love the 2005 Bronco. Will the Diablo or One offer me any great advantage?

Thanks for any help in this matter!
Cheers,
Derek
Grenada, West Indies

Signature

If it doesn’t blow it sucks!

Total Posts: 511

Joined 2006-01-19

PM

Yes. You sound like a candidate for the 12 M one. I flew an early proto. last summer. Amazing depower…You really can get a HUGE range from ONE kite. Richard (o.r.) was fully wound in 9 m. conditions on the 12 m. In full control on the water & powered up on jumps the ONE looked like a paraglier !!!

Signature

Big Wave Dave your one stop weather site for S. Van. Island…

Total Posts: 84

Joined 2008-09-04

PM

Kite Choices

The new ONE kite,Will take a lot of people to new horizons in kiting.Lots of depower,especially for wave sailing.This is a great feature.You won’t get pulled off the wave ,as easily as the other models.The DIABLO has a great range and lots of depower.No matter if you are sailing flat or bumpy.I have been useing this kite in the waves,you just have to continously adjust for power and depower with the adjustment strap,nice to have power to get to waves,then zap the depower on the adjustment strap.problem is,you loose some positive steering benifits.“But”.With the ONE,you have more throw.More power when you need it,less right away,with the benifit of good bar pressure for steering.You can still do lots of tricks,just the bar pressure is lighter.More difficult to sense where the kite is in the air.The beauty of this sport"Kitesurfing”,the more time on the water,the more you develope as sense for everything.Control becomes easier,and your judgment of conditions clearer,ect.So,i hope i have been of some help.let me know if there is any other suggestions i can give.I am presently in the Dominican Republic putting the kites to the test.Demo’s and information chats.cheers. Johnnyread.    The 12 size ONE would be a good choice for you at 150 lbs.all around size. :D   LOL  rolleyes

Total Posts: 94

Joined 2006-01-20

PM

Has anyone spent much time landboarding with a “one”?

Or will it just be me LOL

Signature

16m one, session harness and a pyro pro equipped….. 9 on the way soon!
LOVELY!

Total Posts: 434

Joined 2006-01-11

PM

Re: Diablo or One,...advice please!

[quote author=“bigbamboo”]Hi Guys, I really want to get a new 2006 kite, but need some advice as to which one is best suited to me, and what size you would recomend in each model.
Here are my deatils:

Ability: Advanced, not a lot of tricks, but can hold my own in most conditions, ride small waves, jump etc.

Weight: 150 lbs

Wind conditions: Summer 7-16 knots, winter 12-24 gusty, and somewhat turbulent.

Water: 8’’ to 2 ft. chop.

Does the Diablo have the wind range of the one?
What advantages would I find from one to the other?
I love the 2005 Bronco. Will the Diablo or One offer me any great advantage?

Thanks for any help in this matter!
Cheers,
Derek
Grenada, West Indies

For all around freeriding with only 1 kite size I would go with the One over the Diablo. This Diablo is very responsive with super fast turning and a very light feel (bar pressure). It’s great for surf, wakestyle, kite loops etc, and has a large range relative to traditional style C kites - it is a completely different kite than the Bronco.

For maximum range out of 1 kite size, you are better off with a One kite. At 150 lbs (same as me), you can go with either a 9 or 12 and will be happy.  Both kites will work in the middle of the wind range you talk about - you just have to decide whether you are more often likely to ride in the upper or lower end of the wind range, or ideally, get a 9 and a 12! :D

Signature

Ocean Rodeo, US Sales

Hyperflex Wetsuits, US Sales