OR Thermal Layer

Total Posts: 284

Joined 2006-11-22

PM

Hi OR
I was looking at your thermal layer you are introducing to be worn under your drysuits. Looks nice but I have one important comment: Where is the pee hole? It is work enough unzip and pull down my PyroPro. If I where your thermal layer, I would have to strip bare above my knees just to relieve myself. I did not see an opening in the front of the thermal layer. Any comments?

Also, are the gloves found on your surf section also recommended for kitesurfing? Bar grip, feel, warmth etc?

Kirk

Signature

Core GT 12M
Rise XPD 9M
Mako Kingn
Mako Classic
Mako Wide

Total Posts: 315

Joined 2006-04-02

PM

Hey don’t work for O,R.  but several other post on forum about the thermal layers, there do date is mid late april the last time I’ve heard booties and gloves a little later.  They usually respond to messages may have missed yours.

Jason

Signature

Kiting is great can’t wait to retire so I can do it full time.  Bring on the wind.

Total Posts: 1246

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

Indeed I did miss this posting.

Its a good idea and we have been discussing it. I would expect that you will see the production versions to include a relief flap.

As for the gloves, they are 3mm so not terribly stiff and would work fine for kiting. They have been designed to be a multi purpose neo accessory.

John

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Joined 2006-11-22

PM

thanks for the note. I have lots of helpful comments. Maybe you should make me a gear tester so I can get free stuff…

Look forward to seeing what OR comes up with next. I like most of what I see so far.

Kirk

Signature

Core GT 12M
Rise XPD 9M
Mako Kingn
Mako Classic
Mako Wide

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

Nice one Kirk - Funny, I don’t get many people asking to be gear testers…I would have thought it would be more popular!  :wink:

John Z

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Total Posts: 315

Joined 2006-04-02

PM

John your gear is way to good to use for free so I only choose to pay for it as much as I would love to use it for free, I officialy made my mind up O.R. all the way and pimping it to everyone else, your equipment works, I’ve tried others and have been disappointed no more.

Jason

Signature

Kiting is great can’t wait to retire so I can do it full time.  Bring on the wind.

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

Ha Ha, nice one Jason!

You know, I often say - truthfully - that I have yet to meet someone who used to ride Ocean Rodeo gear.

This Crew is growing daily and its all thanks to riders like you.

JZ

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Total Posts: 12

Joined 2007-02-26

PM

I started with Ocean Rodeo with some 2nd hand 2003 gear and havnt looked back.

I remember feeling so disapointed when I tried my m8s Flexifoil Strikes, they seem so slow compared to OR. I like my kites fast, I use a 60cm bar with my 10m smile

Anyways, big up the OR guys. Just looking at the posts on here and my dealings with Kevin you get the sense that its not just work to these guys.

Joined 2006-11-22

PM

Got a PyroPro drysuit, and beanie. I am going out to try them for the first time tomorrow. I plan to buy a Mako134 when I am sure that I will appreciate it enough. I just started this sport last March and have much to learn. It is nice to know that OR is there with well thought out gear.

Kirk
Holte, Denmark

Signature

Core GT 12M
Rise XPD 9M
Mako Kingn
Mako Classic
Mako Wide

Total Posts: 94

Joined 2006-01-20

PM

I have been using the drysuit for a couple of seasons… Totally brilliant!
Never had an OR product I haven’t rated very highly….. just waiting for my surf suit….and probably a Mako134 too :D

Signature

16m one, session harness and a pyro pro equipped….. 9 on the way soon!
LOVELY!