RISE???

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2007-02-20

PM

Interested in the Rise

Would you say the rise is a flat kite (sle) similar to the Waroo, Sonic, Hypertype, etc. or is it closer to a bridled ‘C’ like the Thruster or similar?

I sold off my kites late fall and am looking to purchase another 2 kite quiver in the next month or two.  At my size (195lbs) I’m thinking a 10m/14m quiver would be perfect.  You’re saying May for those sizes?  Not sure I can wait until May.

Could the 10m and 14m use the same bar size?

Thanks
Tony

Total Posts: 315

Joined 2006-04-02

PM

2006 16m One or 16m Rise

Well you all got me freaked out, I bought 2006 OR ONE 16m late fall and have not used it yet, been reading kiteforum, forum here and everyone is saying it’s slow, I need a solid answer, I sold my 18m Bronco, I could get going in 12mph down wind 15mph I’m good to go on the 18m, will I get similar pull with the One, I’ve got a Mako surf and Spleene Door 158, hopefully replaced by Mako XL.  I’m going to Cape Hatteras in April I guess I’ll try the kite then but might be able to sell it there and order a 16m Rise.

Jason

Signature

Kiting is great can’t wait to retire so I can do it full time.  Bring on the wind.

Total Posts: 1247

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

Jason,

The 2006 16m One is a great kite. Really well built, solid kite. It will generate a TON of power for you too. It is a slower turning kite but by the 18m Bronco’s standards is a race horse.

Call our offices 888-544-4969, ext 233 and we will mail to you a bridle modification kit to dial that baby up a notch too…this modification does make a solid difference in the turning speed of the kite.

JZ

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Total Posts: 315

Joined 2006-04-02

PM

Thanks John the bridal Mod is already attached, all I was looking for is if it had similare pull to the Bronco, if it does and a little more great, I’m never out at the lower lower limit of the wind anyhow because of my size, when I go out there’s enough wind for the kite to stay in the air.  I appreciate the responce and looking forward to using the kite, I’ll try to take out on the snow everytime I’ve gone out not enough wind or to much for the 16m.

Jason

Signature

Kiting is great can’t wait to retire so I can do it full time.  Bring on the wind.

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

[quote author=“000044105”]I appreciate the responce and looking forward to using the kite, I’ll try to take out on the snow everytime I’ve gone out not enough wind or to much for the 16m.

Jason

You will love the kite. I am sure.

[quote author=“tonyg”]Would you say the rise is a flat kite (sle) similar to the Waroo, Sonic, Hypertype, etc. or is it closer to a bridled ‘C’ like the Thruster or similar?

I sold off my kites late fall and am looking to purchase another 2 kite quiver in the next month or two.  At my size (195lbs) I’m thinking a 10m/14m quiver would be perfect.  You’re saying May for those sizes?  Not sure I can wait until May.

Could the 10m and 14m use the same bar size?

Thanks
Tony

Tony,

The One is the flattest kite on the market, 75% projected area. Kites like the Waroo, etc are all much more C shaped than the One. As such, I suppose, the Rise will handle more like them. That being said the Rise is incredibly fast turning and responsive kite and is built to our incredibly high standards.

The 10 and 14m Rise could both use the same bar, I would go with a 50cm or possibly a 60cm bar with the 10m set to the slower turning option as it would just be too fast with a big bar.

John Z

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Total Posts: 511

Joined 2006-01-19

PM

Martin likes the 12M ‘RISE’.                        http//www.bigwavedave.ca/phpBB2/sailinglog_rec.php?mode=view&p=3530

Signature

Big Wave Dave your one stop weather site for S. Van. Island…

Total Posts: 626

Joined 2006-03-24

PM

Sweet.
This feedback is reading like it has the same amazing range and re-launch capability as the One.
Some girls, ooops, I mean kites, are so worth waiting for…..hmmmmm.

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

ahhh, high school romance.

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc