Wide boards and the Go Joe?

Total Posts: 626

Joined 2006-03-24

PM

There is a report of a kiter on my local forum in Seattle that claims the Go Joe could not flip his 41cm wide tt. He was so frustrated that he sold it to another kiter on the beach that day.
(I haven’t heard back if he had installed the device with the webbing under the grab handle, its easy to miss and is critical to getting this thing to work right.)

But still it got me thinking…

Does anyone know the limits of board width for this device?
Its been working beautifully on my mako’s.
And, if it doesn’t work on the wide boards out there, is it worth it to create a Go Joe wide body?
I know OR doesn’t carry a fattie board, I don’t own one either.
I usually ride a surf board in super lite conditions.
But these wide boards are getting more popular, and they are riden by guys who don’t like being leashed in…
Should OR care about these fattie riders… or should OR let natural selection work em over!

Total Posts: 1246

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

In fact, we strapped the ‘lil feller onto a 161cm x 44cm reverse concave railed, super flat light wind board that we have been testing as a possible addition to the offerings and it flipped it over in a flash, no problems.

So, I am not sure who that was but it sounds like a wive’s tale to me. You ever hear the one about the Doctor, Lawyer and a Priest…?

John Z

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Joined 2006-03-24

PM

Thanks John!

You just reduced the stress level of a couple Go Joe owners here in Seattle who haven’t mounted the device on thier boards yet.
Andy at Bellingham Kiteboarding is going to try it on Dimitri’s 135 by 48 fattie “glide killer” soon. Its the widest board he’s ever seen! (when will it stop?)
I’ll let you know how it goes.

Chow Baby!

Joined 2006-03-24

PM

Hats off to Andy at http://www.bellinghamkiteboarding.com/

He’s pretty much busted this myth- the Go Joe won’t flip a fat board.
He mounted it on an 07’ Skywalker 135 x 47.5 Dimtri Pro.
(this thing is the glide killer)
Check it out dudes.

http://www.bellinghamkiteboarding.com/Pics/gojoe.avi

Total Posts: 17

Joined 2006-08-31

PM

Video seems to be frozen when i try and play it

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

[quote author=“craig myers”]Hats off to Andy at http://www.bellinghamkiteboarding.com/

He’s pretty much busted this myth- the Go Joe won’t flip a fat board.
He mounted it on an 07’ Skywalker 135 x 47.5 Dimtri Pro.
(this thing is the glide killer)
Check it out dudes.

http://www.bellinghamkiteboarding.com/Pics/gojoe.avi

Geez Craig - you’re giving my heart palpatations. I read your post and thought you were saying that the Go Jes does not flip the board over! Looking at that video though, sure enough - over she went!

Thanks Andy!! Thanks Craig!!

That makes it official, at 47.5cm’s wide the Skywalker Dimitri Pro is the widest board yet tested and the Go Joe flipped it over.

Challenge - Find a wider board than 47.5 cms and test your Go Joe on it. Send me a video of the attempt. If you can beat the Go Joe I’ll send you a shirt and hat. - First person only!!  LOL

John Z :evil:

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Total Posts: 284

Joined 2006-11-22

PM

I just mounted the GoJoe on my beginner F-One Explorer 160. We will see if that flips when I get it out on the water in March.

I seem to be having a little trouble with pumping up the GoJor hard. It is something to do with the tough angle to seal the nozzle and the fact that the ball valve doesn’t seem to be seating all the way. How hard do you have to pump it?

Kirk

Signature

Core XR3 12M
Rise XPD 9M
Mako King
Mako Classic
Mako Wide

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

It should be good and hard in order to use properly. (insert rude joke here…)

If your Go Joe has no Mo Joe call your local shop and get a new one on warranty. Ocean Rodeo proudly supports all our riders world wide with rock solid customer service.

John Z

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Joined 2006-03-24

PM

Try giving the nozzel a little shake to seat the ball before you pull it out.

Total Posts: 284

Joined 2006-11-22

PM

OK, I will have another try at seating the ball by jiggling as Craig suggests and if that dosn’t work, I will contact the Danish OR seller.

thanks
Kirk

Signature

Core XR3 12M
Rise XPD 9M
Mako King
Mako Classic
Mako Wide