one pump problem - help please!

Total Posts: 20

Joined 2007-01-10

PM

Ok.  just got my nice shiny new 12m one and went to pump it up for the first time.  looks great but have an issue with the one pump.

the connection between the 2nd strut from the centre and the L.E has a leak.  this is caused by the fact that the nipple on the LE bladder has collapsed.  the nipple obviosuly needs to be squeezed to fit into the black tube, but this one has collapsed to the point where the rubber tube will not seal on to it.  this means that the LE continually leaks air, even with the hose clip squeezed right up.

any ideas for a solution?  thought of inserting something into the nipple, but this would mean that probally couldnt then squeeze it into the hose.  its definately a manufacturing fault so maybe a warrenty claim?

cant use the kite as it is and its sitting there taunting me…..

cheers
dan

Total Posts: 315

Joined 2006-04-02

PM

It’s brand new get them to send you another one, I think they will, I feel that’s the best solution.

Jason

Signature

Kiting is great can’t wait to retire so I can do it full time.  Bring on the wind.

Total Posts: 265

Joined 2006-11-15

PM

You easily can release the black clippers of the onepump. When this is done, you can take the tube of en correct the nipple. If this works then you can slide the tube over the nipple (use some spit to get it over easily) then by hand put the cblack clip on it again and sqeese handtight. Finaly get a grip to give it 2 more clicks and you should be done.

If this does not work then you should get in touch with OR I am sure they will warranty this for you.

Joined 2007-01-10

PM

yeah tried that thanks.  think that the nipple may be crushed beyond that.  will keep trying.

dan

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2006-07-26

PM

Yea ... you should never have to squeeze the nipple to get the feeder tube on.  All it takes is some spit or soapy water.  If the nipple is indeed collapsed beyond repair, take in to your dealer to possibly switch out the LE bladder.

Joined 2007-01-10

PM

gettin sorted now

cheers for the feedback and great c/s OR!

d