More 06 9m One pics

Total Posts: 86

Joined 2006-03-03

PM

Good day had today despite the huge husts on 9m in Sunny Southend, ok maybe it wasn’t so Sunny…

Cheers

Lester :wink: [/img]

Total Posts: 626

Joined 2006-03-24

PM

these are cool shots!  nice hang time too, the water is so flat for that much wind- interesting.
all I can say is that its way below freezing here, and seeing this warms up the kiter in me!
The 9m is such pleasure to fly, pure fun! 8)

viola!

Joined 2006-03-03

PM

thanks,

the water was only roughly waist deep out to that broken up WW2 wreck in the first pic, keeps it pretty flat.

Love the way these kites eat gusts.

cheers

lester rolleyes

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2006-07-15

PM

Nice pics Lester,

You mention the WW2 wreck, was this the wreck that was on the coast programme a few weeks back thats loaded with unexploded bombs?

Nice

Let me know when ur back near camber way!

Ben

Signature

http://www.oceanrodeokites.co.uk

RIPPING UP THE OCEAN RODEO GEAR IN THE UK!!!!

Joined 2006-03-03

PM

Thanks Ben,

No, the wreck in the top left of the first pic is a bit of the artificial (Mulberry) harbour that broke off when being towed over for D-day in Normandy. It sits maybe 1 mile off the Essex coast and marks the edge of the shipping channel from the shallow mud flats. It’s massive when you sail around it.

The wreck you are thinking of that’s loaded to the brim with unstable munitions is the Montgomery, it’s on the Kent side of the Thames, unless you have a super strong lens you can’t see it from our side, just as well really.

Will drop you a bell next time at Camber, the place rocks!

Cheers :wink:

Lester

Total Posts: 626

Joined 2006-03-24

PM

That is really cool!

You lucky guys get to go kiting next to
a massive ship filled to the brim with WWII munitions… my god!

Why is this thing still there? Is it too big to blow up?

Who says the UK isn’t exciting!

Joined 2006-03-03

PM

Ya Craig,

It’s waaaay to big to blow up, it’s a bloody great ship loaded to the nuts with bombs and their fuses (always a good idea to ship them together) they say it would be in the range of the Halifax blast of 1918 if it did go.

Good news if you’re in the window or construction business, bad for the rest of us.

Cheers

Lester :wink: