2006 punch up bar for 2006 16 m One

Total Posts: 315

Joined 2006-04-02

PM

Where do you hook up the safety leash I know there was subject about whey back when could not find it.  I’m thinking on the chichen loop, I don’t seem to kean about the center line hookup doesn’t look right to me, well hope you can help.

Jason

Signature

Kiting is great can’t wait to retire so I can do it full time.  Bring on the wind.

Total Posts: 1247

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

Jason,

Great Question.

The simple answer is this: Yes, you can leash off of the Chicken Loop - right where that metal D ring is. IF you do so, be sure to remember that you need to bang the stopper ball out before letting go of the bar though, or you could end up leashed off a powered kite….

The more complex answer is this: The new 2007 bars are all shipping with a new system for leashing the kites. This system has the kites leashed off of the Trim line. Further, for 2007 we have cleaned up both the crazy whacky stuff going on with the upper and lower stopper balls and the connector cable between them as well as how the rear lines attach to the bar. If you own a 2006 bar you can contact your local dealer and order a replacement center trim line for about $15 retail. Run this new line (hell, your old one is wearing out anyway) through the pully and you can leash off of it (it comes with the metal D ring you need to leash off of). Cut away all the lower stopper ball junk and the connector cable while you are at it! Finally, coming in the next 5-6 weeks we will be releasing a new style, very simple, upper stopper ball that we will gladly provide for a very small cost to any of our riders. This stopper ball will work with any existing 2006 or 2007 bar.

Hope this helps!

John Z - OR

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Total Posts: 511

Joined 2006-01-19

PM

Sounds great…Pictures ?!

Signature

Big Wave Dave your one stop weather site for S. Van. Island…

Total Posts: 315

Joined 2006-04-02

PM

I agree a pic or a diagram would be nice, can we order direct from O.R. no local dealer in NB or can you refer me to someone close.  Thanks, Hey maybe it’s time I become a local dealer since all I own is O.R.

Jason

Signature

Kiting is great can’t wait to retire so I can do it full time.  Bring on the wind.

Total Posts: 87

Joined 2006-01-17

PM

Hi Jason:

I am an OR rep in St. John’s, Newfoundland.  I can get you whatever you need and have it shipped to your address.  PM me if you would like to get anything from OR.

Brad

Signature

St. John’s Newfoundland