Mako riders

Total Posts: 38

Joined 2013-01-15

PM

Hi all,

I just saw this topic on kiteforum.com and thought that there might be a few of your out there with something to say wink
http://www.kiteforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2384985

Besides posting there.  Do you have any Mako stoke to share with us at OR with the other Crew.

- Todd

Total Posts: 284

Joined 2006-11-22

PM

Yeah, I have a total of four Makos. An original, two 150 wides and a Mako King.
One of the wides is at our summer house in Portugal. I love all the boards. For me each one has something special to it. My only wood core is my King. So far the foam core ones are doing great. I just seal any nicks in the side with epoxy and they are good to go.

Signature

Core XR3 12M
Rise XPD 9M
Mako King
Mako Classic
Mako Wide

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2007-09-11

PM

Mako’s rock - thats all i can say !

I have had every model since they brought out the first ‘wides’ years ago
(only one I haven’t owned is the original 150 x 35) ...

The King’s are definitely the “Caddies” - nothing smoother and as easy on the legs or more fun imo ...
(plus, can rig up smaller size kites with ‘em) ... use ‘em in waves or as a lite wind option - all good.

All I know about the new 2014’s is the Kings only come with pad/straps (not with the full deck pad anymore, which imo will make ‘em lighter)
Looking forward to trying the new straps & pads - they look wicked !
The 140’s not in mutant anymore - only the 150’s and Kings.
(please correct me if I’m wrong)  ... (btw, I’m not a ‘newbie’ - lol)

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2012-09-26

PM

Although I’ve only recently got a second hand Mako 135, the short time I’ve ridden it has definitely left an impression.
Soft landings, great in high winds, quick and responsive turns.
Overall just good fun to ride!

Two things I don’t find as good, maybe it’s just the conditions I’ve ridden it in, but I didn’t find it any smoother than my OR Zen 137.
Secondly I know this isn’t the board… but I find the straps uncomfortable; they nip and trap my toes constantly.

Definitely a board I’ll be lending to a lot of people though.

Id just like to add that I also ride with small or no fins.