after 1 year using OR kites

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2013-04-21

PM

One year ago, my second year of kiting, i’ve switched from Cabrinha to OR. My first kite was the Razor 2013, 9m. With a Fusion bar, below the bar depower. Compared with the Cabrinha Switchblades, this kite felt like a rocket. A fast but stable kite.
With my 68 kg i can use the kite from 18 knots till 28+ knots without any problems.Lots of depower available. Jumping is no problem but it needs some technical skills. Bar pressure is a little light, but for this kite its fine. After one season the Razor is still my favorite kite. The only thing is that the black print on the struts is getting off and the white LE becomes very dirty. But ok, that’s optical.

After the Razor i’ve bought a 2012 Rise, 12m with a bar (SLE?) with below the bar depower. With the cow horn shape.
I’ve used it a couple of times now. It’s a nice kite with lots of boost & f load. Easy to fly and i already using it with 14 knots. For it’s size the turning speed is fast. The bar pressure is more than the Razor, not to heavy but just enough. The Rise is a strong good build kite. The only thing is that all the air valves (both sides - struts) have tiny cracks. For a 2 year old kite a little early i think.

Two months ago i’ve bought a Prodigy 2013, 7m. A nice looking kite, but unfortunately i only used it one time. Maybe today because, here in the south of the Netherlands, the south west wind is blowing 26-38 knots….

Total Posts: 571

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

Hi Zeeuwmeeuw (Have I spelt that correctly?)

Welcome to the crew. Be sure to post your thoughts on the 7m Prodigy once you’ve gotten out on it as I’m looking at getting one soon.

Signature

andy

Dorset UK

Total Posts: 466

Joined 2006-06-15

PM

The Razor in 9/ 10 M size is a cracking kite   .It is like a sports car . Yes you can poddle round but the fun start when you push it.  Big smiles .
As you have a 12m Rise you will have had the benefit of a kite that floats on jumps and absorbed gusts like . An Irishman stokes up Guinness.
Well the 7 M prodigy is more so, a lovely balanced kite so solid in the air especially in the knarly winds.  . I have yet to find the top end   as even with slack rear lines the kite just sits and does it stuff. 
White LE   Gurrrrr
Richard

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2013-04-21

PM

@ Andy; i bought it specialy for the stronger winds with my Twintip, and also for using it with less wind on my directional. But i’m just started to learn using a directional.

@ Sunrise; last week i’ve used the Rise at the Cabo Verde with 16-19 kts. High and floating jumps. And always knowing where the kite was after a crash. And thats also a good feeling. Even with one hand easy to steer, (Easier than a RPM 12m) specialy good to practise the front and backrol transitions with one hand..