How long before 2014 Prodigy release?
Posted: 11 July 2013 10:04 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2013-07-11

I know it may be a little early yet to ask but when will we start to see OR’s 2014 kites being released as I looking at changing my quiver of kites to all Ocean Rodeo. My main interest will be the Prodigy as I would really like a new 7m, I currently have a 2013 10m Razor which has been great for the lighter winds but can have a little too much grunt in some situations on the wave. I had a quick demo on the 2013 Prodigy and it felt like one of those kites which you could forget about and just ride the wave.
Also has there been many changes to the kite or the bar for 2014.
Thankyou for any updates

Posted: 11 July 2013 11:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  118
Joined  2007-03-19

Hey C Mac,

The Prodigy was released last summer about this time and has been going strong ever since. You may have also noticed that the Prodigy does not actually have a year attached to it - it just known as “The Prodigy”. Has a nice ring to it doesn’t it smile  As such, the kite is a bit more of a timeless design - we won’t be overhauling the kite and re-releasing it each year just for the sake of being new.

The Prodigy is definitely not broken, so we are not going to mess with it unless we have something that is a serious improvement, much like the 2013 vs the 2012 Razor - very little change!

Ned

Posted: 12 July 2013 02:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2013-07-09

Hey Ned,
Just from a marketing perspective that might not be the best idea. Some people buy new for the sake of new, even if the design is the exact same.
It also makes it harder for people to resell your kites. How do you price something (and know what you are receiving) if you don’t know what year it is.
Cheers,
Chris

Posted: 12 July 2013 04:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Guru
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  506
Joined  2006-01-19

It’s a bonus ... When you sell used gear that isn’t ‘dated’ the purchaser is buying technology that is equivalent to new.

Signature 

Big Wave Dave your one stop weather site for S. Van. Island…

Posted: 12 July 2013 07:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2013-07-09

Would you buy a “Honda Civic” with no year attached and no odometer?

Posted: 12 July 2013 07:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Guru
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  506
Joined  2006-01-19

If all civics were identical all that would be needed was to purchase for a reasonable $ based on the condition

Signature 

Big Wave Dave your one stop weather site for S. Van. Island…

Posted: 19 July 2013 04:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2006-01-26
jl - 12 July 2013 07:27 PM

If all civics were identical all that would be needed was to purchase for a reasonable $ based on the condition

I agree completly Prodigy it will be a great kite for years you have a known brand that did the same with sucess

‹‹ Squamish and or Nitinat      wind range razor ››