Freestyle bar with Rise or Razor

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2012-06-22

PM

Hey it says on your website that the freestyle bar will work with the Rise or Razor.  I’m wondering where one would attach the 5th line?

Total Posts: 517

Joined 2008-04-13

PM

Hi Christoph,
I’m not sure which 5th line you mean, the mini 5th? Neither the Razor or Rise have a 5th, they flag to both front lines by a mini 5th (freestyle and fusion bars) or a trim loop. The kite leash goes on to that mini 5th or one end of the trim loop line.
thanks,
Rudo

Joined 2012-06-22

PM

El Rudo - 27 June 2013 03:02 PM

Hi Christoph,
I’m not sure which 5th line you mean, the mini 5th? Neither the Razor or Rise have a 5th, they flag to both front lines by a mini 5th (freestyle and fusion bars) or a trim loop. The kite leash goes on to that mini 5th or one end of the trim loop line.
thanks,
Rudo

Hmm I don’t quite understand.  I have never used a 5th line before.  Do you mean that if I was to use the freestyle bar with my rise there would need to be an extra bridal piece connecting the front most bridal a to the 5th line?  Or does that 5th line simply attach to the leading edge loop where you normally secure the pump?

Joined 2008-04-13

PM

Hi Christophe, both the Rise and Razor are four line kites. There has been a 5th line bar for the Diablo kite which is discontinued since 2009(?).
So if you have a 4 line freestyle bar you can use it on both the Razor and Rise right away.
Can you tell us what year the bar is from, and how many lines you’ve got? A picture would also help.

Joined 2012-06-22

PM

The bar. Is a 2011 freestyle bar,  with above the bar trim.  I realize that the razor and rise are 4 line kites but on the OR website it does say that the kites will fly with any of the OR bars.  Is this not the case?  I’m not able to post a photo at this moment.

Joined 2008-04-13

PM

OK if it’s a 2011 freestyle bar it’s simple, there’s no 5th line on the bar so that’s cool. Yes you can fly both Rise and Razor with it.
I think the confusion is caused by mention of the mini 5th. This is a safety line that only runs up to the Y-junction - right where the center line ends.
There is no 5th line going up to the kite.
Can it be that someone has put a 5th line on the bar, so it’s not original anymore?

Joined 2012-06-22

PM

There’s definitely a 5th line going up to the kite.  Perhaps I got the year wrong.  I though the guy I bought it from said it was a 2011 but it could be newer.

Joined 2008-04-13

PM

Christoph can you post a picture? There have been no 5 line bars from OR after the Diablo was discontinued => all bars 2011 onwards are 4 lines.

Total Posts: 19

Joined 2010-10-19

PM

On the freestyle bar, there is a thin line from the chickenloop that runs trough the depower system up to the Y-split of the front lines.

At the end you’ll have one red pigtail, one blue pigtail and two grey sleeves. So that’s four lines.

in the pictue you can see where the mini fifth is attached!

Image Attachments

IMG_1261.jpg