which prodigy can replace a 10m razor?

Total Posts: 40

Joined 2007-05-26

PM

I replaced my old small kite (not an OR) with a 7 m prodigy, and had my first chance to use it today. Long story short, I think I’m in love. As good a kite as my 10 m 2012 razor is, the relaxing, smooth, predictable, and playful nature of the prodigy has me wanting to switch.
I now have the 7m prodigy, the 10m razor, and a big kite (older 17 m Ozone zephyr).  The razor has such good bottom end that the 10/17 combination has been working pretty well (I can switch between a North Nugget and a Mako 150).  Does either the 9.5 or the 12 prodigy match the 10m razor wind range well enough that I could get away with replacing the razor with one of them?  All experience, opinions, and advice welcome.
And if anyone is interested in a 10m razor in very good condition, it will probably be in the classified section soon.

Thanks,
Andy

Total Posts: 18

Joined 2012-09-25

PM

The 7 Prodigy is wicked! the 9.5 won’t match the 10 Razor but maybe the 12 Prodigy could round out that 10-17 gap. I’ve got the 7/9.5/12 Prodigy quiver but know people who swear on the 10 Razor and actually own a couple of them… also the 8m Razor is a favorite.. maybe just keep it for those free ride jumping hardcore days

7/12/17 quiver? I’ve been out and had it start picking up to 30 and it was easy to get back in on the 12 and change to the 7!

Total Posts: 76

Joined 2011-05-17

PM

AGK, I have a 5, 7 and 9.5 Prodigy. I also have a 10M Razor.

The Razor 10M could actually be THE one-kite quiver for less than 40MPH winds. I could never say that about the 9.5 Prodigy…........even though the Prod is a “playful”, “friendly”, “light”(?)-flying kite with lofty, jumps and smooth handling.

Anyway, I will not replace my 10M Razor with the 9.5 Prodigy.

I’d like to ask the question of folks who own a 12 Prodigy…............does it fit between the 10M Razor and the 17.5 Flite?

Thanks. DAVE

Signature

“been there, done that”.......now I kite

Total Posts: 40

Joined 2007-05-26

PM

BIG AK - 06 July 2013 04:08 PM

I’d like to ask the question of folks who own a 12 Prodigy…............does it fit between the 10M Razor and the 17.5 Flite?

Thanks. DAVE

I’m the poster of the original question, and I was so enamored of my 7 m prodigy that I bought both the 9.5 and 12 and sold my 10m razor.  The 9.5 hasn’t arrived yet, but I have used the 12 in pretty marginal conditions with a Mako 150 (10-16 knots) and it did well—I could get gong fine in the lulls but probably lose a little ground, but with any little puff at all was riding under power, and jumping well in the gusts.  With a different board I would have been fine in the lulls.  So I think that you could go to a 17.5 flite easily from the 12—there is significant overlap between my old 17m ozone zephyr and the prodigy 12.

Andy

Total Posts: 511

Joined 2006-01-19

PM

I demoed the 12 prodigy & found it had HUGE bar pressure & not much more grunt than my 2010 10m razor. I happily bought a 2013 razor. p.s. I have both my razors ( 8 & 10 ) set to the ‘depower’ mode. That is front lines @ most fwd. setting. I have a 7m rise as well. I’m 200 pounds & use the 150 wide & 130 Makos. Local conditions allow me to get out in 15+ knots. In other words only a razor could replace a razor for me !!!

Signature

Big Wave Dave your one stop weather site for S. Van. Island…