suicide leash??

Total Posts: 86

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

hi! ive just revieved my new 12m ONE (the o6) and havent got to fly it yet sadly due to the lack of wind :(  but so im ready to go im wondering about where to attatch a leash.

to what extent does the punch up work? is it like if i punch up and let go of the bar the kite will completely lose power and slowly float to the edge of the window and land?  my only bow experience is with a cabrinha switchblade and this had a similar override stopper ball system and you can just punch through and let go to kill all power. is this so with the ONE?

if so is it good to attach the leash to the chicken loop suicide style just as a ‘just in case’ thing? on water id assume this to be fine, but i landboard more than i go on water and wondered if this would still be safe. id ideall like to avoid the massive length of rope needed for ta frontline leash as im learning 360s and as far as i know it is not a ‘spinning’ leash setup.

so….what should i do?  smile

Total Posts: 265

Joined 2006-11-15

PM

Safest spinning setup for a 2006 bar:

1.) Leash on suicide settings.
2.) Make sure the front line swivel is running smooth and lubricated.
3.) take backline off from the oh-shit handle
4.) attach the little grey frontline leash-rope to your oh shithandle

99 percent of the cases you will have enough safety fro the “100% depower” however if sh*t hits the fan you can flag the kite immidiately on the oh shit handle. Frontline will do this with zero spinning of the kite. Backline usage might result in a spiralling kite.

Enjoy

Total Posts: 86

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

cool i tried that setup and if you punch through and let go , or suicide it the kite seems to hit the deck quite hard! which is not good seeing as i mostly landboard… i found the punch through thinkg quite annoying as when its on the stopper you dont nearly get ful depower, but if i punch through i cant reach the bar, so is the idea just to trim in? its just im used to flying cabrinha bows with the pulleys and you get 100% depower without even punching thourhg and in arms reach..