07’ 12m One sick day

Total Posts: 626

Joined 2006-03-24

PM

I called in sick this morning. Wasn’t feeling good, too windy!
Okay, truth be known, I finally had a chance to fly this kite that Andy from Bellingham Kiteboarding has let me demo in winds of 27 easing to 19 over the course of two hours. I am forced to accept a new reality too, because this kite just blew my mind! The diablo blew my mind when it de-powered like a bow in the surf mode, now I have experienced a bow kite that can rip your arms off like a c-type! Its fricken amazing how powerfull this kite can be! The power strokes this kite can generate are so smooth and lofty, I can let the bar out and it doesn’t let you drop either. I love it!
I’m scared to try an f-16 with this thing! It feels like it’ll yank my brains loose! If anyone out there gets a chance to try one of these new a One kites don’t pass it up, Ross has done something special to the bridal, made the foil even smoother than before and put some extra power in there somehow too. The one pump is very easy to get used to too.
This Diablo fan is in love with the 12m One!

Here are some shots from my dawn session at Richmond Beach in Seattle.
I put long underwear under my wetsuit as I set up, and I still got cold!

>

A big thanks to a local Waroo kiter, Chet for the launch. He thought the One was a very well made kite and was love’n the details.

I was using the leash to one front line on this session so I could flag the kite out when I landed in the shore break. It worked really well in calming this monster down.
[url]

>

You One riders were so right about flying this kite in the mid to upper wind range, it rocks!
[url]

>

The wind didn’t blow hard enough to make head high waves like the last two storms, but I’ll take these little guys any day! In fact, I really noticed during this session that this 134 mako seems ideal for small waves and bump and jump conditions. Turns on dime and is super easy to switch and gybe.

>

Having these little velcro bridal keepers is very handy when you need to stow the kite for a hike across a beach full of debris and bushes

[/url]

Thank You Andy for letting me fly this amazing kite!
http://www.bellinghamkiteboarding.com/

Total Posts: 61

Joined 2006-10-13

PM

Nothing like feeling a bit ‘under the weather’!!  :D :D

Interesting shots too.

Total Posts: 265

Joined 2006-11-15

PM

Told you that thing was fast and powerful. F16 just depower at the cleat otherwise it will indead rip your arms of. PS that is the old bar you are flying this kite on…...

smile

Total Posts: 626

Joined 2006-03-24

PM

wouter,
what bridal settings are you using for a tite turning radius?-
and, are you sure this is the old bar? Its seems to match the 07 bar design that John Z posted perfectly, black stopper bullet, no bulge in the middle, and new bar ends with a tie down.
Its very similar to my 06’ bar, more refined though. I like the diameter, it is easy to grip with out tensing up so you can steer with your finger tips.
I’m still smiling from that session, this kite just begs you to push it.
I want more! :twisted:

[/url]

Total Posts: 265

Joined 2006-11-15

PM

For thight turns and unhooked kiteloops I just depower the kite a bit @ the cleat. It turns even faster this way and you will prevent choking the kite if you do unhooked stuff.