GO Joe leaks
Posted: 11 May 2013 02:29 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2012-12-31

Love my Go Joe. Bought it about a year ago. Has saved me a lot of body dragging to get back to my board. I tried to inflate it a few days ago and it leaks. It will no hold air at all. Any others have this problem. Any suggestions as to a fix or even replacement from OR cheese I have not tried yet but It looks hard to get the bladder out with out some pro sewing skills.

Posted: 11 May 2013 10:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Guru
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  505
Joined  2006-01-19

It will have an opening on it to remove the bladder for repair

Signature 

Big Wave Dave your one stop weather site for S. Van. Island…

Posted: 12 May 2013 08:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-12-31

Thanks jl.  Had a good look at the go joe and, daaaaahh, yes its easy to remove the bladder because there are two zippers. bladder is now out and has two rips one 2"and the other 1”. I suspect this happened with too much compression packing go joe with the kites in the golf bag on my recent trip to Aruba. Yes the fins were removed. the last time I tried to inflate the bladder was crooked in the sleeve and I tried to pull it in place half inflated. The pulling likely cause the small tears to get larger.  Live and learn! I will try and get a replacement bladder from OR. I will ask my local kite store silent sports to order one.  I bought the go joe there and they provide excellent service. I think this will be easier and more sturdy than a repair. I have never repaired a bladder before. Any advice?

Posted: 18 May 2013 02:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-12-31

so called dealer. there are no replacement bladders. so I pulled out the bladder and found two large tears. easily repaired with the bladder patches that came with my cabhrina kites. tested put back in the go joe and all works well again. cheese

Posted: 18 May 2013 03:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Guru
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  505
Joined  2006-01-19

Ta-dah !!! Thanks

Signature 

Big Wave Dave your one stop weather site for S. Van. Island…

‹‹ Depower Line Thickness/Spec      straps ››