Bar for 2009 Rise 14M

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2013-04-10

PM

Howdy guys, I just joined the forums and bought a 2009 14M Rise. I know that most 4-line bars will work with this kite, and that I want a larger bar because of the size of the kite, but does anyone have any recommendations for a bar?

Total Posts: 517

Joined 2008-04-13

PM

Hi Vadimred 13,
Sorry just saw your post now. Welcome to the crew!
The 09 Rise 14m is a great kite so congratulations! A 60cm bar would be nice for sure but 50 would also work. The Rise kites like a good bit of throw to eat up gusts so don’t go with bars that don’t allow you a good arms length of bar movement. They do leash off to both front lines but a mini 5th on one front line would also work, albeit not the most elegant way to drop a kite.
Cheers,
Rudo

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2013-04-10

PM

Hi El Rudo, thanks for the reply. I ended up picking up a second Rise kite (2010 12M) with a 48-55 Freeride bar, but I’ll remember this info for the future. I also happened to pick up an older Cabrinha Recon bar (came with an old Cabrinha C-kite), but from what I’ve read online, the Recon system doesn’t work well with newer kites, or even non-Cabrinha kites. Apparently, pulling the safety on a Recon bar with the wrong kite can actually POWER the kite! Have you heard anything of the like?

Total Posts: 517

Joined 2008-04-13

PM

That’s my favorite bar! Admittedly, I have never understood the Recon system which is a shame for a kite bar designer. I should spend more time in the kite museum,