new mako king
Posted: 04 April 2013 10:25 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2013-02-16

so where are the pics showing the tucked edges compared to the older design? And I don’t mean the crapy pics that are on this web site.

Posted: 13 June 2013 04:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Joined  2013-02-16

I bought a new king 2012 and have used it twice in the ocean and I really like it. I have used my 9 and 14 on it and the board has a great wind range which really surprised me.  I purchased this board for light winds but now I want to see what it can do in heavy wind cond. Being only 160 lbs I find it is great on those gusty days and keeps going through the holes in the wind. So far it has handled small waves and chop with ease with little to no face splash which I really hate.  I think I have found a board I am going to keep for a long time. grin

Posted: 13 June 2013 08:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  26
Joined  2013-01-15

Rich,
I believe that I helped out a while back with this board.  I am stoked that you went with the King and you’ve had some great sessions on it.

I’m sure that I am not alone here in encouraging you to try this board out as a mutant sometime and go play in the waves a little.

Cheers,
Todd

Posted: 14 June 2013 12:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2013-02-16

Hello Tod, I did talk with you and you were very helpful in my decision to buy the king. However I did demo the board in Hatteras on the ocean side in the waves before I bought it. I just had to be sure it was what I wanted. I highly recommend a demo before you buy .  The mutant riding will come later, so far TT riding in the waves is working great and I am getting some good high jumps with soft landings. What else can I say, I’m a happy camper! grin