Any 5 m 2012 Razor reviews?

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2008-09-11

PM

Hi Guys,

I’m thinking of picking up a 5 m 2012 Razor for the nuking days, when my 8 m is too big. Our nuking days are usually really gusty so I want a kite that will work in those conditions.
I have been kiting for a while now. I currently fly 2008 8 m and 12 m Rise’s, but we get a few days when the 8 m is uncomfortable. On the high wind days I am usually riding waves on a strapless surfboard.
I realize they don’t make the razor in a 5 m any more… So I’m a little concerned it won’t behave well in the gusts (like the storm or the rise do).

Thanks,

Mark

Total Posts: 295

Joined 2008-04-20

PM

Hi mark,
Sorry for a late reaction.
I have the 2012 razor 5, 7 & 10. I have some sessions with the 5, also in gusty conditions, up to 45 kts if I remember correctly.
I use the less depower setting and slowest steering on a small bar setting. Great but it can be better (in really gusty conditions)  and that’s why OR came with the Storm I guess.
The razor 5 is very nice with my waveboard, so predictable fast and I’m looking forward in using it again.
Small kites and gusty conditions are riden better with higher speed is my experience.. Go fast or go home.. wink
I had some (scary) high jumps with it and it can result in gusty conditions in mega drops too.. Looping of course is so easy, you have to make double loops.. grin
Get the 5 razor and put it on suggested settings and you will be fine!
Got to go now,
Arjan

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2008-09-11

PM

Thanks for the info Arjan! This is what I needed.

Mark