i was doing a bit of researching the other day and came across a couple of 3 and 5 strut Razor prototypes for sale.
OR are obviously experimenting with other very different configurations to further develop their current products and this got me wondering what other things they have tried in the last couple of years and how it performed?
i am very interested in the design and development of the kites i use (probly due to studying Aerospace engineering for a couple of years) as i am sure many other OR riders are.
so if any of the development crew have some spare time to give an insight into OR’s recent experiments im sure many would enjoy reading it.
on a side note; have you guys tried out using more but smaller Venturi vents (see attachment to see what i mean).
i have found with my 10m 2012 razor in its bottom end that it can feel chocked or over trimmed at the point where it provides sufficient lift to be able to ride (after playing around with the trim i find it likes to have a little depower on even in light winds).
i would put this down largly to the High angle of attack (AoA) producing a higher drag.
i believe that smaller venturi vents would provide slightly better lift at lower AoA (ie AoA the a kite without Venturi would fly at) while still preventing stall at higher AoA.
i hope that makes scense…