Coldfire

Total Posts: 284

Joined 2006-11-22

PM

So OR, What was the rational behind not selling Coldfire boots and gloves anymore? I use Whites gloves instead of Coldfire and love them. I was going to get some Coldfire gloves when they wore out.

Kirk

Signature

Core GT 12M
Rise XPD 9M
Mako Kingn
Mako Classic
Mako Wide

Total Posts: 511

Joined 2006-01-19

PM

I was hoping a newer model would be out soon ?

Signature

Big Wave Dave your one stop weather site for S. Van. Island…

Total Posts: 19

Joined 2012-10-23

PM

There is an uncertain future for the coldfire lineup. Stocking all the sizes combined with slow sales made it a challenging product to stock. Let us know what you think about bringing them back!

Total Posts: 511

Joined 2006-01-19

PM

Please bring back the cold fire booties. I especially enjoyed the 5 & 7 mm

Signature

Big Wave Dave your one stop weather site for S. Van. Island…

Total Posts: 34

Joined 2008-11-25

PM

Have both 5mm and 7mm and love both. Bought an extra pair of 5mm, as 1st ones were wearing a little thin on the heels.
Would like to continue to buy/use these, but maybe toughen up the sole. Best booties I’ve used.

Total Posts: 295

Joined 2008-04-20

PM

damn.. out the lineup?  my 5mm’s are still fine, but they need replacement sometime.. so get them back in stock..
The coldfire gloves are too stiff, I think it is better to make mittens for the cold, make them like the army ones with one finger and thumb free. make the palm of the mitten thin (1mm) and outside 2mm. Make a long sleeve so it goes well over the seal from the (dry) suit.
Also make finger and mitten wear proof with a (kevlar) layer so the depower rope does not wear the glove out after a few sessions (we all love to take the bar in the middle, don’t we?)
Don’t forget a curved glove so it fits the natural position of the hand.
I bet a lot will love a glove/mitten like this..

Total Posts: 19

Joined 2012-10-23

PM

Great ideas Janus, thanks for sharing.
We do still have some size 10 boots (they fit a bit big) & they’re on sale for $35.
We’ve also got 5mm gloves in all sizes, and 3mm in medium and one last small pair (also on sale: $29).