Surf Dry Repair Help
Posted: 13 November 2012 03:28 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-11-13

Hi,

I have some wear on the inner part of my surf dry drysuit and was wondering how best to deal with it. The wear hasn’t formed any holes and I don’t think it lets any water in yet. I have quite a few of these wear marks where the harness goes. The suit came with a repair strip, the same as what is round all the seams of the suit. Should I just iron this onto the damaged areas? Also, I don’t think I have enough to repair all the areas.
Is there anything else I can stick over these areas to stop them forming actual holes or do I need a repair kit. (I am from the UK)

Cheers

Simon

Image Attachments
20121113_150814.jpg

Posted: 13 November 2012 05:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2012-10-23

Hi,
The photo that you attached to your post is of the inside of the core, is there any wear noticable on the outside? The inside layer is a nylon scrim, which is used to protect the waterproof polyurethane material. The suit would actually function without that layer all together.
You can patch the inside scrim layer with our patch kit, or you can likely have a dive shop make the repairs for you.
Please let me know if you need me to send you an extra repair kit.

Best of luck,
Steve

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted: 13 November 2012 06:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-11-13

The wear is only on the inside, i will email you abot the extra repair kit as i think i need a bit more
Thanks

Posted: 06 February 2013 12:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2013-02-06

My dry suite was also having the same problem , so i brought a kit and know it is OK , so i would suggest you to bring the kit only.

http://thebethwood.com

Posted: 07 February 2013 03:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2013-02-07

This is great chatting forum.