2012 Fusion bar and Prodigy
Posted: 08 October 2012 04:35 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-10-08

Hi, new to the forum,
Just got a 7m and 9.5 m Prodigy for my 14 yr old son who wants to get into the sport. We are heading down to South Padre Island soon. Couple of questions:
1. The lines are supposed to be equal length but when I checked them the centre two lines were longer (bar was fully powered with the knot right up to the opening, not in cleat and chicken loop up to bar). It looks like I have to lengthen the rear lines by adjusting the pigtails under the floats. Makes sense?
2. When I attach the end of the lines to a carabiner to check their lengths I feed the loops of all 4 pigtails onto the ring, right? I ignore the two kook proof connectors on the steering lines?
3. When rigging the lines for the first time for my son there are 2 knots in the connectors I can attach the pigtail on the trailing edge to, do I want the longest line length possible (so last knot at very end of connector) for the most depower? Am I thinking this through correctly?

Thanks in advance for any advice

Posted: 10 October 2012 03:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  66
Joined  2010-05-09

1) Place the trimline knot into the cleat and see how the lengths differ.  How far off are the line lengths?
2) Yes, When checking line lengths, DO NOT include the kook proof pigtails
3) Assuming we are talking about your rear/steering lines, by connecting the lines to the outside knot (furthest knot) it will allow the kite to turn quicker but with some bar pressure.  Using the inside knot (shorter knot) will allow for a slower turning kite with less bar pressure.  I always use the outside knot.

Cheers,

-Wade.

Posted: 10 October 2012 12:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-10-08

Thanks Wade, makes sense, I guess there is no reason why you can’t ride with the knot in the cleat, should have spotted that!

Posted: 25 November 2012 04:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-11-05

The bar trim and leash attachement and a tension adjustable sliding stopper ball system to adjust potential bar throw. When combined with Roll Over Bridle system, featured on all kites the Freeride Bar offers riders near total de-power in the event of a full safety release, rolling the kite onto its back to await a relaunch.

Posted: 01 March 2013 05:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2013-03-01

I guess there is no reason why you can’t ride with the knot in the cleat.