07 12 One in flight
Posted: 28 November 2006 12:00 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  462
Joined  2006-06-15

Just some pics of the 07 12m One
This kite is sweet.
To look at the 07 and 06 kites look the same but in flight the new 12 turns loads better than the 06 unmodified One especially in the lighter wind. Just what the doctor ordered.
If you have an 06 12 or 16 the new bridle is a no brain option
I am not to sure about the One Pump . After having several swims home because of pipe failure on other manufactures kites I am well into the KISS approach.
Time will tell .

Test pilot Danny from http://www.seabreezebreaks.com/[/url]

Posted: 01 December 2006 02:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1246
Joined  2006-01-10

Re: 07 12 One in flight

[quote author=“sunrise”]I am not to sure about the One Pump.

Sunrise, thanks for the photos!

Regarding the Single Inflation Point System on our new kites I agree, time will tell. However, I am comfortable saying that Ross is not a man to take a decission of this sort lightly and has been mulling over the best way to incorperate this system.

What he chose to use was a very innovative plastic cleat that locks the tubing in place. These cleats can easily be replaced if damaged as well, so keep an eye on them and call or email for more if need be!

John Z :evil:

Signature 

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Posted: 02 December 2006 10:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-06-15

Just had another top day on the 12
I can now say that the bottom end is way better than the 06 because you can work the kite.
Best of all I was out ridding when all the other 12 were on the beach due to lack of wind and at 90kg I’m no light weight though the Mako 150 could have had a lot to do with it. 
When I finished there was only one 12m kite left the rest were 10m
I am so glad that most kites are still semi “c” shaped the One makes me look skilled

Posted: 04 December 2006 09:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  265
Joined  2006-11-15

Just had my first session on the 07 12m ONE. Winds were about 20 knots gusting to about 30 (nasty dutch autumn). Immidiately I loved this kite. The kite indeed is everything that OR promised. Turns nice and fast and gives more feedback. Especially for kiteloops this kite is now sweet. Because it turns faster the power has become way more explosive. also unhooked riding has improved. It is easier to get some decent heigth unhooked which opens a new scala of tricks.

The kite is amazing I can’t wait to take it out on more sessions. Once I get dailed in I will show em here at the beach what the ONE is all about!

Posted: 06 December 2006 03:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  473
Joined  2006-07-15

Nice to see your enjoying the new gear Rich!

Get some more decent riding pictures up

Ben

Signature 

http://www.oceanrodeokites.co.uk

RIPPING UP THE OCEAN RODEO GEAR IN THE UK!!!!

Posted: 07 December 2006 03:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-11-15

Had the 9m out yesterday in gusty conditions 26 to 30+ knots / flat water. I must say i had to get used to it for a few hours. damn….. that thing was like a bumble bee on steriods! Fast and responsive. The kite loops like a maniak even when fully powered which gives a really explosive pull. (went head down twice while doing an f16 because I was just amazed/scared by the force)

I cant wait to take this baby in to the surf!

Posted: 07 December 2006 04:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Guru
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  626
Joined  2006-03-24

Doing an F-16 in those conditions is crazy man! :shock:  What a rush! :twisted:
Is a true f16 a hooked or un-hooked move? (there is some debate around here)

Posted: 07 December 2006 11:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-11-15

“true” F16 is unhooked in Dutchland. However I also do rotational + kiteloop hooked in but you turn differently since the force is on the harness now.

Posted: 08 December 2006 05:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Guru
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-03-24

unhooked is what I thought it should be too.
Are you using the 07 bar?

Posted: 08 December 2006 10:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-11-15

yes, the new leash system works like a charm. However I am a bit disappointed about the fact that there is no oh-sh*t handle anymore. Beginners can still use the front-line leash which is good thing.

Posted: 13 December 2006 12:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1246
Joined  2006-01-10
[quote author=“wouter”]I am a bit disappointed about the fact that there is no oh-sh*t handle anymore.

We can easily provide these handles. The issue lies with the fact that you do not want to flag a flat kite off of one of the rear lines as you can end up with a semi-powered spinning kite. As such you should only attach them to the front line leash attachment point….

JZ

Signature 

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Posted: 17 December 2006 02:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Guru
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-03-24

Andy at http://www.bellinghamkiteboarding.com/ is letting me demo this 2007 12m One for a few days. The basic shape seems sililar to 06’, but it has sweet new details. I had a chance to inflate it in my back yard today and check out this sexy beast and the new bar. I am stoked! This could be the begining of something very special.
The one pump is so easy to like, so simple and quick to inflate. Deflates the entire kite super fast too, like 3 seconds! The webbing at the ends of the struts will come in handy when self launching. This really looks like a fun size to fly with good low end.

Its quite a bit larger than my 06’ 9m One.

Come on wind, its my turn now!

Posted: 17 December 2006 12:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-06-15

Yes its better than the 06 because of the quicker turn but just you wait until its in its mid to high wind range. Out of this world!!

Posted: 18 December 2006 06:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Guru
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-03-24

I took a chance in lame looking side off conditions today to try this new 12m One. The darn trees sounded like 20 knots!
Just look at the water, hardly a white cap in sight. :cry:

Once I got out there a bit, this baby powered up nicely. LOL This is a fast kite! I can see what you guys are talkin about now, this kite creates fricken amazing traction! I even had to sheet in the front lines about 2 inches to keep from being pulled off my edge in the gusts. What a perfectly lovely surprise to be staying upwind and even jumping in these conditions. :twisted: 
>

The launch was full of turbulance, but this thing was rock solid in the air.
Once I got out there a bit, this baby powered up nicely. LOL This is a fast kite! I can see what you guys are talkin about now, this kite creates fricken amazing traction! I even had to sheet in the front lines about 2 inches to keep from being pulled off my edge in the gusts. What a perfectly lovely surprise to be staying upwind and even jumping in these conditions. :twisted: 

The one kite kit?.... 12m One and the 134 mako pro w/Go-Joe.
This mako is so easy to ride, just like the 150.  You stop thinking about what you want to do and you just do it, its a very intuitive design that just rips upwind. Definately easier to load up the kite with this lite little board too. Good pop. Here is some board wash. My camera mount was slipping, I’ll get better shots next time.

[/url]
[url]

Posted: 02 January 2007 06:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Guru
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-03-24

One of our local sailors, Ken, had a tough launch yesterday when he put his 9m crossbow into some sticker bushes, and popped the LE. I said, “dude, wanna give this demo from Bellingham Kiteboarding a try?” Ken has been wanting to try One on, so he took me up on an offer to try the 12m One.  This guy has solid form and good style, he adapted to this kite really well, and stayed out for a long time.  Ken likes the OR bar, especially the punch up line stopper.

Nice riding Ken!

[/imghttp://farm1.static.flickr.com/140/341726215_28147d7a64.jpg]