Yeah I used the new Fusion Bar for the first time yesterday, here’s my pros/cons:
1. Bar/Grip Contours
2. Lines seem stronger, or at least they don’t tangle as easily.
3. Clean, simple design as usual
4. Bungees are holding the lines on, the curving on the bar ends is more effective holding the lines when packing up.
1. The stopper ball just gets in the way, I like having the the stopper piece that is typical, that’s pretty much a requirement with the freeride/fusion bars, but I don’t see a lot of added value in the stopper ball.
2. The hard plastic ends I could see smacking someone in the head in a wipeout. Pretty unlikely to happen, but if it does, or if one of the bar ends gets your eye, it’s going to hurt.
3. The middle hole needs a sacrificial piece so that it wears out instead of the depower rope. This makes sense, because once that inside hole gets a tiny scratch or imperfection in it, it’s like a razor on the depower line.