OR 2013 GEAR

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2011-03-28

PM

http://oceanrodeo.com/pdf/catalogue-2013-mid.pdf
What do you guys think about the new 2013 gear?

Total Posts: 179

Joined 2008-11-09

PM

That doesn’t look finished, the Cypher, surfboards and JT are the exact same as last year.

Total Posts: 516

Joined 2008-04-13

PM

Hi ajones, not last year but this year smile
I think it says 2013-mid, like an update. I wonder if it’s supposed to go mainstream. JohnZ?
Myself curious about the Prodigy. Razor graphics are pretty brutal. I’m liking the white roof on the 2012 though.

Joined 2008-11-09

PM

Yeah I like the Prodigy graphics, I was hoping that’s the scheme for this year with the Razor/Cypher too.

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2011-03-28

PM

The bar looks like the north trust bar.

Total Posts: 114

Joined 2009-08-20

PM

Love the Razor with white struts and leading edge and an orange canopy, getting a 10m in that colourscheme for sure!

Total Posts: 1246

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

Joris strikes again and posts the catalog online with the obvious file name easily found by Google. D’oh! I was going to push this update out today anyway however, so dig in.

To address some comments here:

- 2013 Razor is a very nicely updated version of last season’s kite. Whereas 2011-2012 was a huge jump forward the 2013 Razor builds on the success and character of the 2012 kite and incorporates some refinements on the design, the LE construction and the bridle to give the kite a bit more stability, especially against stalling
- 2013 Makos are the same sizes as last year but all now incorporate the rounded rails that we 1st introduced last year with just the smaller sizes. This helps hold an edge, especially in chop. (Think of a running water tap and holding the bottom edge of a spoon to the water flow, the flow will draw to the spoon).
- Prodigies are all new and very exciting kites, some amazing reviews already circulating
- Force is the all new storm kite. Designed for higher winds but also just for really gnarly conditions the kite offers a huge wind range to suck up the lulls and handle the gusts and it is over built for durability and stability with 5 struts and extra reinforcements and ultra bright colours the Force is necessary survival equipment for all serious kiters.
- Flite remains our light wind weapon of choice, no updates at this time to the kite
- Cypher remains our unhooked park & wake kite for the season with an aggressive price drop and no updates at this time.

For 2013 we’ve moved to a blended model of both Generational and Seasonal products. The JT Pro & Surf Series boards and the Flite, Force & Prodigy kites are all Generational with 2nd and 3rd Gen versions (Flite 2.0) coming down the pipes but moving away from the September update. The Razor and the Mako will remain Seasonal for us with planned 12 month rotations.

John Z

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Total Posts: 285

Joined 2007-10-30

PM

Down to one drysuit?

Would love to hear a bit more on the Force.  I’m a 6m small kite guy, but I guess I cant be stuck on a number.  There is no 6 on offer right now.  In a small kite, that 1m makes a big diff.  I know a 7m is going to be too much at times, but a 5 tends to be too little most of the time. 

What kind of range are the testers reporting on that little thang?  Low end especially.  I have no doubts a 5 has the top end in spades.

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

The Pyro Pro and the Surf Dry are now both officially being sold down and cleared out to make way for a total re-vamp of the drysuit line up. The Soul is the vanguard of this overhaul. Expect a newer version of the Surf Dry (3.0!) by this time next year as well as a 3rd suit to round the line up out.

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Joined 2007-10-30

PM

Surf Dry 3.0
Nice!  Wanna see that.

Joined 2008-11-09

PM

Ok, so when does shipping begin of the Razor/Cypher?

Any changes to the bars/lines?

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

2013 Razors ship this month, Cyphers have had a significant price drop and are shipping immediately along with the Prodigies. Bar and lines for 2013 are the same 3 models but an all new raw bar. The bar is much simpler with better eva foam grip and finger slots and a re-designed center hole to reduce line wear.

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Joined 2008-11-09

PM

johnz - 04 September 2012 08:30 PM

2013 Razors ship this month, Cyphers have had a significant price drop and are shipping immediately along with the Prodigies. Bar and lines for 2013 are the same 3 models but an all new raw bar. The bar is much simpler with better eva foam grip and finger slots and a re-designed center hole to reduce line wear.

Sounds great, I like everything about the simplicity of the bar, just needed the center hole re-designed, perfect.

Total Posts: 120

Joined 2006-01-20

PM

Looking Good! I like the idea of evolution rather than an abrupt model year change. I am really interested to see what changes there are for the Surf Dry.

Signature

Its all about the adventure and stoke!

Joined 2007-10-30

PM

Just noticed the new bar.  Kinda sad to see the iconic and original OR bar dissapear.  I loved the soft bar ends, on the other hand its also great to see a prompt response to centre line wear concerns.

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2011-10-04

PM

it’s really good to see the Razor updated in some backstalling & unhooked perfomance because it’s a really good kite,
the bar i think it will be better but hope for the chickenloop to change at next year’s bar aswell…