In memory of the Rise

Total Posts: 284

Joined 2006-11-22

PM

The Rise is no more. There will be no Rise 2013. Are we going to let the Rise whimper and die without even a word? To disappear into oblivion with no one remembering what it was all about?

Not even an ode or a limerick from Sunrise?

Are there no incidental stories about the Rise over the several years they have been sailing in windy skies all over the world?

Has everything been said? Has everything been learned?

Signature

Core XR3 12M
Rise XPD 9M
Mako King
Mako Classic
Mako Wide

Total Posts: 1246

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

I love it Kirk… let’s see where this leads. For the record, the Rise may Rise again as a new style kite for us for 2014 but no promises!

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Total Posts: 466

Joined 2006-06-15

PM

Potted history of the Rise. I for one will miss the old girl . The 2012 10m rise was just eletric for going big.  I sold mine but know a man who has one for sale if only he would give me the price ( Big dig Dom)

The first incarnation was perfect for muscle generation  
Heavy and slow
Customers made the modifications was the Rise salvation
By 2009 the rise had risen risen in popularity
so with 6 struts in the year of 2010 going big was the norm
2011 was the same but with a linear graphic form
2012 came with a leading edge curve
but alas in 2013 it time is served and
this the best is the finality
Long may the design be remembered into perpetuality

RIP Rise you will be missed

Joined 2006-11-22

PM

Good one Sunrise.
Your words are concise, and in time. Now would you call your work a limerick or a rhyme?

Signature

Core XR3 12M
Rise XPD 9M
Mako King
Mako Classic
Mako Wide

Total Posts: 56

Joined 2008-10-21

PM

I’m still rocking an 09 Rise 10m. Vid from last session. CRANK IT!!!

Signature

Rise 7,10,14m | Mako Wide | Nobile T555

Joined 2006-11-22

PM

Nice vide Kent!
Where was this taken!

Kirk

Signature

Core XR3 12M
Rise XPD 9M
Mako King
Mako Classic
Mako Wide

Total Posts: 56

Joined 2008-10-21

PM

A buddy and I tearing up the eastern shores of Muriel Lake in north eastern Alberta, Canada.
09 Ocean Rodeo Rise 10m and the Mako 150. W 15-20kts.
Music: Valient Thorr - Double Crossed

Signature

Rise 7,10,14m | Mako Wide | Nobile T555

Total Posts: 511

Joined 2006-01-19

PM

We rode the BRONCO until the ONE & they both were a lot of fun. The RISE then rose to take the day & now the RAZOR blows it away.

Signature

Big Wave Dave your one stop weather site for S. Van. Island…

Total Posts: 20

Joined 2012-07-28

PM

The Ocean Rodeo Rise moved me from being the guy that wanted to have fun - to the guy who eats it’s it up.  Alaska is rough on kites - we don’t have sandy beaches, we don’t have nice winds and we don’t have anything easy related to kiting.  The OR rise kites elevated my love for the sport (and the company).
One a rare sunny westerly day the hardcore crew of kiters in the last frontier headed out to 20 Mile river (aka Weed Wacker) and enjoyed everything about it.  Thanks OR!

12m OR Rise + Alaska = AWESOME!

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2007-11-03

PM

IM lOVING THIS!!
As for me im going to be riding my Rises well into 2013 and making some sick edits with The Kitesurfing Collective and if we all keep this up im sure there will be a place for the Rise in the future. And why take out the best looking kite in your lineup?

Total Posts: 285

Joined 2007-10-30

PM

Agreed, the rising sun graphic was the best OR has done to date.  Bring that back for sure on the next Razor….  Oh and its almost time for a limited run on the black gold/ black silver look as well.  Those were hot and will suit the Cypher nicely for next years model.

Total Posts: 179

Joined 2008-11-09

PM

Brent4336 - 13 September 2012 12:25 PM

Agreed, the rising sun graphic was the best OR has done to date.  Bring that back for sure on the next Razor….  Oh and its almost time for a limited run on the black gold/ black silver look as well.  Those were hot and will suit the Cypher nicely for next years model.

Agreed, I really like that graphic, and it would look good on the Cypher.

Total Posts: 51

Joined 2010-07-05

PM

I’m not getting rid of my Rises. I expect they keep flying for quite a few more years.

I like the red 8m Rise I have the best as far as graphics/colours go.

Signature

Safe riding,

Vik
http://www.thelazyrando.com

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2011-02-04

PM

I love the Rise! I still ride my 2008 10m and I replaced my ‘08 14m with a 2011 15m.
Here is me hucking a kite loop LOL Love the grunt of these kites!

Image Attachments

kite Loop 1st attempt.jpg

Total Posts: 466

Joined 2006-06-15

PM

Hi Guys
I never though I would say it when I first got the Prodigy . I fact I couldn’t work out where I would need an easy flying 3 strutter after all its beginner kite.
How wrong I was . I love the 9.5 Prodigy Yes it is super easy to fly but with good lift and massive of hangtime it is a worthy replacement for the Rise.
Yes the Rise is better for pure boost but what goes up must come down and this is where the Prodigy blows everything away. So much float and such easy gentle landings . My knees never had it so good.
The thing is the Prodigy allows you to ride more powered which means bigger and longer.
1 other thing I have never had before. Go big off a wave . Leave the bar fairly well out and the Prodigy penetrate into the wind and you can land upwind of take off. Spooky

Joined 2006-11-22

PM

sunrise - 01 November 2012 04:03 PM

Hi Guys
I never though I would say it when I first got the Prodigy . I fact I couldn’t work out where I would need an easy flying 3 strutter after all its beginner kite.
How wrong I was . I love the 9.5 Prodigy Yes it is super easy to fly but with good lift and massive of hangtime it is a worthy replacement for the Rise.
Yes the Rise is better for pure boost but what goes up must come down and this is where the Prodigy blows everything away. So much float and such easy gentle landings . My knees never had it so good.
The thing is the Prodigy allows you to ride more powered which means bigger and longer.
1 other thing I have never had before. Go big off a wave . Leave the bar fairly well out and the Prodigy penetrate into the wind and you can land upwind of take off. Spooky

Pictures…...

Signature

Core XR3 12M
Rise XPD 9M
Mako King
Mako Classic
Mako Wide