Quad Surf…Wow

Total Posts: 44

Joined 2006-11-12

PM

got on the new quad 5’11”....in 20knts lake waves….a high powered Cadillac among boards…smoooooth, upwind machine and very easy carving…excellent design and construction….almost too pretty to expose to the elements, but it is tough too! I love this board. Those who have acces to real waves….are in for a treat.
cheers,
marc
kiteboardingkelowna.com

Signature

Total Posts: 120

Joined 2006-01-20

PM

I just had my first session (quad 5.11) in a gusty 20-27 knot day with big chop. It was awesome. The board handled the chop surprisingly well. Carves like a demon and is just plain fun. It felt loose without sliding through the turns. Well done to the OR crew, you nailed it with this one.

Signature

Its all about the adventure and stoke!

Total Posts: 180

Joined 2008-11-09

PM

You guys riding strapless or strapped through the chop?

Joined 2006-01-20

PM

Strapless—-so handling in the chop is important, and Kook Street in Victoria can produce some knarly chop between the tide and wind. I have only ridden strapless 3 times and managed to nail about 50% of my jibes on this board. This was my first go on this board.

Signature

Total Posts: 1247

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

Strapless! That board eats up chop.

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Total Posts: 152

Joined 2007-06-26

PM

anyone rode this board in the bigger surf, i have a 6,3 and its perfect for 4ft waves but when its getting bigger the nose dive’s a lot.
i would say it need more rocker in the nose,

Signature

on fire

Total Posts: 1247

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

Barry, I know Dom has taken it out in some handsome waves.

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Total Posts: 20

Joined 2010-12-11

PM

Hoping that someone could elaborate on the 5’-7” board? I am interested in using it in the Gorge and in smaller coastal surf. I would go bigger but given the airline travel restrictions, it would be nice if this smaller board would be the ticket for kiting.

Total Posts: 295

Joined 2008-04-20

PM

5.7 is my size.. Any reviews?
Rocker in the nose = scoop
How is that on the 5.7?

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2011-06-11

PM

I’ve had the 6’3” Quad out in everything from light wind small gorge chop all the way up to 3m walls on the Oregon Coast.  I love this board.  I’m 1.8m, 87kg and this board works really well.  Easiest board I’ve ever ridden for jibing. Carves straight up the face and draws nice lines on big wall sections.  Up the line, down the line, whatever…this is a fun board to ride.  Had it out yesterday in 2-3m surf and wind averaging 25+ with my 8m Razor.  I first thought that the board might be too big for the “victory at sea” conditions, but it worked great.  Haven’t had the problem with the nose pearling, even dropping straight down some hollow faces.  All my riding has been strapped, so this may make a difference as far as pearling?  If this board was stolen or broken, I’d buy another without a 2nd thought.

Joined 2006-01-20

PM

Wow, I am envious of those conditions. I would also ride strapped in that size beachbreak. Nose diving is more a function of the riders weight distribution , assuming the board has some rocker, which these do. More backfoot preassure should help.

Signature

Total Posts: 434

Joined 2006-01-11

PM

Rocker in the 5’7 is similar to the 5’11, and so is the ride. Both are meant to be fast waveboards suited to head high and smaller surf, but of course they do work in the larger stuff too!

Signature

Ocean Rodeo, US Sales

Hyperflex Wetsuits, US Sales

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2007-09-16

PM

I like the shape and Dims on the 5’11” surf.  I have been strapless surfing a Placebo Flexlite Epoxy surfboard with a full carbon deck,  I weigh 200 lbs. and catch air and break through heavy shore breakers with my board.  Eventually I broke the board under my front heel.  Obviously this board was not a kite specific board but it lasted me a full season.  Should I expect more out of a kite specific OR surfboard?  Is there anyone out there using the OR board in similar conditions and similar to my size that can give some feed back?

Thanks

Total Posts: 51

Joined 2010-07-05

PM

I tried the 5’7” quad strapless on a lake with lots of wind chop. It’s very smooth. Turns nicely and is a lot of fun slashing the wind driven swell. For a smaller board it’s a fairly mellow ride. Goes upwind nicely. About average for lightwind - too much rocker for true lightwind performance and it’s not a huge board.

Nice looking board. I’d love to see the bamboo on the top deck as well.

Signature

Safe riding,

Vik
http://www.thelazyrando.com

Total Posts: 152

Joined 2007-06-26

PM

i only ride strapless, and try’d a couple off boards.
when your riding straps you can pull your board up, the 6,3 is a chop killer and a super stable ride
and perfect for your first strapless ride’s.

Signature

on fire