17.5m flite experience

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2010-02-18

PM

I would like to know what input other riders have about this kite. Anyone out there have some time on one?

Total Posts: 20

Joined 2012-07-28

PM

I fly this kite in low winds at 20 mile river near Anchorage, Alaska.  It’s great.  Steady pull, eats the gusts, and handles nice.

Total Posts: 29

Joined 2011-09-03

PM

Great kite!
Little bit better low end than my 16m bow but so much more fun to fly! Very quick for its size. Builds apparent wind fast and is stable. Really good hang time; you just float up there enjoying the view for ages… careful with redirecting too soon smile
Medium bar pressure; you can still fly it with one hand if you trim it right.
Great relaunch; almost automatic when the wind is good, and I found it easy enough when it’s light too.

I need to get some footage of mine, cos there’s very little on the YouTube and the Flite 17 needs some love!

Total Posts: 20

Joined 2012-07-28

PM

Our local Ocean Rodeo crew had the Flites out on the 11th at Twenty Mile River, Alaska.  Great kites for light winds.  The 17.5 and 15 were out and a 12m Razor Only three of us out on another awesome day!  I have some line cam footage I’ll edit an upload Soon.
I’ve flown the 17.5 year round - snowkiting at elevation in Thompson Pass, AK. and at Twenty Mile on winds from 14 to 20 mph.  Trimming the kite helps bar pressure for sure.  I’ve never been over powered or out of control.  Smooth build up and steady pull.  Easy re-launch and reverse launch.  Often I’ll launch the kite from an anchor and not once did it fly erratic or make the launch sketchy.

Image Attachments

OR Kites22.jpg