RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  295
Joined  2008-04-20

Look what’s already on Youtube:

Posted: 19 July 2012 06:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-10-07

I saw the video, the Prodigy seems to be a fantastic kite, I love the 3 struts design and I am looking forward to testing its stability!
Another top class kite by Ocean Rodeo!

Posted: 19 July 2012 11:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  171
Joined  2008-11-09

Yep, bring on the Razor and Cypher info.

Posted: 21 July 2012 05:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2008-10-27

Hey All,

I was lucky enough to try out the 9.5m Prodigy on tues. I have to say I was a little skeptical seeing as it is marketed as an easy to fly kite and I am more into the high performance end of things.
Out of the bag, first thing I noticed was the wicked design! This kite looks great! The new bag is pretty spiffy too. The next thing was the large sturdy looking leading edge. Looks like it would survive a crash or 2 into the cook st cliff!
Pumped up and got out there and right off the bat surprised with the amount of power. Looked pretty light and onshore out there, but I was cranking up wind no problem! The kite is not quick and zippy like a Razor, but more smooth and steady. Turns are a bit slower to initiate, but once it starts it rips through them. This feature will be great for beginner and intermediate kiters that have trouble with the kite drifting around the window as they are concentrating on other things. Bar pressure is a bit heavier than a Razor, but steady throughout the range. I was riding full till and I sheeted the bar all the way in just to see what would happen. Kite drifted slightly back in the window, then stopped. I kept going upwind with minimal loss of speed. Great feature for those bar squeezing noobs. I bombed over to Ross bay to join all the other kiters and try out my first jump. WOW!!! Can you say hang time Very nice relaunch too! Didn’t even touch the bar, kite just rolled over and sat at the edge of the window. Ate it on the first few jumps as it jumps very differently than a Razor, but some nice buttery smooth lofty landing once I had it figured out. Water was flat and wind was steady so I tried unhooking her. This thing rocks unhooked The kite just sat there with a nice steady pull. Usually I am doing all I can to keep the kite in the air after a landing(unhooked riding not quite my forte) but the Prodigy just hung out around 1030 while I fumbled with the bar and chicken loop trying to hook back in. Bombed back over to the launch as the wind was dying and noticed the bottom end on the kite. I played around for about half an hour before I realized there were only 2 kites left out of the 20+ when I started   Decided to try a few kiteloops for shits and giggles, but again surprisingly landed a few! Once it starts to loop… it goes around fast with a lot of loft on the landing Even stomped a big F-16 and Kiteloop Railie on the first try
Final thoughts on the Prodigy. Pleasantly surprised on all fronts. The OR boys have been talking a lot about the kite but it never really sparked my interest. After riding it has grabbed my attention! For me I will be stoked to try teaching with this kite and think I would take her out for a ride on the lighter days or when I am wanting to try some handle crashes In big winds or big surf I am going to stick with my trusty Razor
Get out and try one! I’m sure you will Love it

Posted: 23 July 2012 02:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2010-11-15

Very disapointed to read on kiteforum that there will be no more Rise in the OR line up :-(

Posted: 25 July 2012 12:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  285
Joined  2007-10-30

someone cheer up Dan with some pics of the 2013 razor!

Posted: 26 July 2012 03:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  34
Joined  2008-11-25
Richard Myerscough - 20 June 2012 08:29 PM

...the 2013 Razor will also knock it out of the park.
Official news on this kite will have stay locked in the vault until September,..sorry about that!

Would you give some hint of any changes? At least if there are some a tidbit of what characteristic/component of the kite may change. I am wondering if I should pull the trigger now, or wait…i.e. if you are only changing the colors/inflate valve, these don’t matter to me, hence buying now, but if you plan to alter some major performance feature, I may try to hold out.

Pretty please…with suger added…

George

Posted: 26 July 2012 04:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Guru
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  505
Joined  2006-01-19

Once you’ve dialed in the RAZOR you forget all about the RISE & coming soon a dedicated 5M high wind kite:  http://www.nwkite.com/forums/post-167370.php

Signature 

Big Wave Dave your one stop weather site for S. Van. Island…

Posted: 26 July 2012 04:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  172
Joined  2005-12-27

great to see the interest!
We’ll post something as soon as possible,....still busy selling season for 2012 products so we have to respect the market timing.
2013 Razor is refined over 2012,...no big changes like the intro of FST last year (forward swept wing tip) last year. FST is still front row center in 2013.

Posted: 27 July 2012 02:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2010-11-15

No 9m Razor either? so much for my 12,9 razor, 7 rise quiver :-( got some thinking to do

Posted: 27 July 2012 06:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  462
Joined  2006-06-15

Just look what the posty brought yesterday. 

I have decided the colours are to bright to risk getting wet , dirty and spoiling them so I will have to keep this kite in it bag in a dark corner.

Yer Sure I will!!!

Posted: 27 July 2012 07:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  443
Joined  2006-10-24
sunrise - 27 July 2012 06:52 AM

I have decided the colours are to bright to risk getting wet , dirty and spoiling them so I will have to keep this kite in it bag in a dark corner.

Well keep yer dirty mits off it then and give to me!! You know I like to demo things thoroughly.

You could have ironed it first. Look at the state of it. You’ve only had 2 minutes

Signature 

The only kiter in the Village

Posted: 27 July 2012 12:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  285
Joined  2007-10-30

Warnign: DO NOT IRON KITES!

Posted: 27 July 2012 02:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  443
Joined  2006-10-24
Brent4336 - 27 July 2012 12:48 PM

Warnign: DO NOT IRON KITES!

probably best not but the wrinkled look is kind of what Sunrise is all about.

Signature 

The only kiter in the Village

Posted: 30 July 2012 03:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  57
Joined  2011-04-13

Tried out the Prodigy 14m the other day w the JT Pro 142 and quite liked it.  The kite has a bit more bar pressure than the Razor, but not too much and the kite handling has a nice feel. Very direct and you know where the kite is at all times.  According to a friend, I was holding ground in 9/10knots and I’m 180/5 lbs.  Tried the kite for some unhooked tricks and it seemed solid.  Tried it in the waves w side shore wind soo lots of slack in the lines and the kite handles well - no nose diving or otherwise.  Although the wind was mainly light, hangtime seems decent.  Turning speed a bit toned down from the razor.  Decent relaunch. 3 struts and 3 pulleys in the bridle. The leading edge is a bit beefed up, so I suspect it to be pretty solid in gusty conditions. 

First time on the JJ 142 and I was very pleased.  Much better than my Cabrihna Custom 144cm.  It’s much lighter at 9.8lbs. (including foot pads and fins) and the pop doing unhooked tricks is way better.  With the Cab. custom I needed to be almost overpowered to get enough pop and then passing the bar felt like a death defying stunt!  The JT 142 seperates from the water w less power in the kite and lets you go for it with less consequence.  Looking forward to spending more time on this board and it’s sort of renewed my interest in riding a tt.

2 of 3

‹‹ pending message?      Inflation ››