Sle bar 2009 can I use it on a ocean rodeo 8 meter rise 2011

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2010-07-14

PM

Can I use my sle bar made in 2009 for a 2011 rise 8 meter oc kite ??!!

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2009-08-08

PM

what make bar?

Total Posts: 511

Joined 2006-01-19

PM

If it’s an older O.R. bar you will need http://store.oceanrodeo.com/accessories/Kite-Accessories_3/2008-2010-SLE-Bar-Roll-Over-Depower-Kit to enable roll over bridle to work.

Signature

Big Wave Dave your one stop weather site for S. Van. Island…

Joined 2010-07-14

PM

Thank JL   I have an 12 meter rise and the 2008 sle bar now and do not have the roll over   So can I use the bar to fly a 2011 8 meter rise without the total depower rollover kit ??

Total Posts: 1247

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

BJ, yes you can easily fly any Ocean Rodeo kite with that bar and lines. However, as JL mentions the kites made in 2011 and forward all feature a bridle that lets the kite rock right over and onto its back when ejected. In order to facilitate this you need a bar that is compatible. Your bar will only depower a 2011 or newer kite to the same extent that you are used to with your 2009 kites. If you wish for the full depower you will need to buy the bar conversion kit, if you are happy with your depower now don’t bother.

The one thing to mention though is with a bar that old you will want to make sure your front lines have not stretched, this will cause the kite to fly poorly. Adjustiong the line lengths / tuning your bar is simple though. Just make sure all 4 lines are the same length at full power.

John

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Joined 2010-07-14

PM

Thanks Johnz your info was right on. So if I buy the full depower kit will I be able to fully depower my 12 meter too??? I just might be worth it.

Total Posts: 1247

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

There is a kit for the bar which makes it compatible with 100% of the 2011 and forward kites. There are also kites that are kite size specific designed to be added to 2010 kites only. These would need to be bough individually for each kite size needed.

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Total Posts: 51

Joined 2010-07-05

PM

johnz - 04 June 2012 05:48 PM

BJ, yes you can easily fly any Ocean Rodeo kite with that bar and lines. However, as JL mentions the kites made in 2011 and forward all feature a bridle that lets the kite rock right over and onto its back when ejected. In order to facilitate this you need a bar that is compatible. Your bar will only depower a 2011 or newer kite to the same extent that you are used to with your 2009 kites. If you wish for the full depower you will need to buy the bar conversion kit, if you are happy with your depower now don’t bother.

The one thing to mention though is with a bar that old you will want to make sure your front lines have not stretched, this will cause the kite to fly poorly. Adjustiong the line lengths / tuning your bar is simple though. Just make sure all 4 lines are the same length at full power.

John

Thanks. I was looking for this info.

safe riding,
Vik
http://www.thelazyrando.com

Signature

Safe riding,

Vik
http://www.thelazyrando.com