Screws for Mako (King)?
Posted: 21 April 2012 10:12 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2011-12-29

I just bought a 2010 Mako King and Mako Mini, both complete with everything, save for the screws. The guy had taken everything apart, stored it in is attic and was selling it, but could not find any of the screws anymore.

As I am nowhere near a good hardware store, anybody have the right screw specs for me? Then I can order them in Stainless Steel online. Presumably M5/M6, but of course length is what I am interested in. Fins need a “conical” head, pads/straps a “normal” head.

I am also thinking about ordering the deck pad with symmetrical “surf” straps, would I need longer screws? And if yes, what length?

Any help much appreciated.

On a side note: anyone else consider using Teflon tape or Loc-Tite to keep their screws tight? On my boards, I regularly get screws coming loose.

Posted: 21 April 2012 05:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-12-29

Never mind: it seems I found an answer (for a 150 Mako) here on the forum. M6x20. Thanks to Rudo.

Posted: 21 April 2012 07:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  295
Joined  2008-04-20

Hi feddo,
Never used Teflon tape, I use loc-tite on other screws.
Not for my fin screws but you could use it. But I never had a loosening screw so maybe you should tighten them a bit more.
I saw the bargain on KH, thought about it.. But seems like you didn’t think that long..wink

Posted: 21 April 2012 07:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-12-29

No, I was thinking about a Mako for some time now, and ideally the 140*40 (probably), but this deal was too good to pass up. I use a strapless surf mostly the past few months because I have sold my TT. The Mini should be fun on those 7Bft days….

Posted: 22 April 2012 05:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-04-22

Thanks for the tip! I was also looking for this for quite sometime now. Do you recommend any other similar products that I can buy?

Signature 

SEO Andover
Dental Implant Courses

‹‹ Another Quiver queston      Kite - Spain ››