New smaller Makos

Total Posts: 284

Joined 2006-11-22

PM

Hi OR Guys

There have been a number of changes in your Mako lineup but the most important one is the newer smaller Mako boards the 130 and 135 sizes. I have a Mako Classic, a Mako Wide (150) and a Mako King. Can someone, anyone comment on the merits of the new boards compared especially to the Mako Classic?

Secondly the King is no longer called the King in the 2012 lineup. Is this correct?

Kirk

Signature

Core GT 12M
Rise XPD 9M
Mako Kingn
Mako Classic
Mako Wide

Total Posts: 466

Joined 2006-06-15

PM

I used the 130 at Hatteras last year on a windy day. I did find the riding style was similar to the 150 classic ( My favourite board) but with 90kg on it it needed power and plenty of it.
That said well lit the 130 is an absolute dream to carve at high speed. It is so stable in chop and will run as fast as you dare. Throw your kite into a bottom turn and chase brilliant fun . (Until you screw up going toeside and hit the water at mach 10)
Can’t tell you about jumping I forgot to try.
For someone 75kg mark it will make a great all rounder . For us who know what pies are and what to do with them it is a superb power board.
King is still a king on my list.

Total Posts: 295

Joined 2008-04-20

PM

Oohh i wish OR makes extra inserts in this small Mako so it will fit nicely for kids.. Yes my kids.. wink
Now that I type this (again) make some extra inserts on the JT pro too.. Or better a smaller JT pro with extra inserts…

Total Posts: 1246

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

I agree with Richard that the 130 does need a lot of power for us heavier riders but it is a heck of a fun board… really fun to ride and carve. The 135 was introduced specifically for this reason, same nimble size and ride as the 130 but a bit more surface for riders 180lb (90kg) and up!

Janus, we have a weekly RnD meeting which I will bring up your insert comments in! Thanks for the feedback!

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Total Posts: 295

Joined 2008-04-20

PM

Thx John!
Can you post the result?